Geocaching in Europe

We're heading for Italy and France in November and would like to do a little caching while there. I bought a refurbished City Navigator Europe micro sd card on ebay. Has anybody used one of these and if I load a pocket querie will the caches show up on a detailed map with the sd card inserted in my e-trex 20. Thanks in advance for any info I can get.

eBay, eh?

Well... assuming that you didn't get ripped off on the purchase of that card (happens fairly often with those eBay purchases*), it should function as it does locally for any other mapping program.

Hopefully you purchased one that wasn't a COPY. Not ALL eBay purchases are bad, just as not all eBay purchases are good.

*copies of copy-protected cards don't always go as planned.

There are not refurbished SD cards, it might be an (old?) Garmin sd card with a CN Europe on it.

For Europe you might be better of with an OSM = Open Street Map, more data, more accurate and FREE.

Before leaving test your map (search address and test a route in the countries you are going to, in the Gps.

The gps might see a map, but that doesn't mean the map is actually there or complete.

Edited by splashy

There are not refurbished SD cards, it might be an (old?) Garmin sd card with a CN Europe on it.

For Europe you might be better of with an OSM = Open Street Map, more data, more accurate and FREE.

Before leaving test your map (search address and test a route in the countries you are going to, in the Gps.

The gps might see a map, but that doesn't mean the map is actually there or complete.

Good info. Can't thank you enough.