Downloading from a Surface

dahollander

Surface is the Microsoft Tablet.

Is it the Surface Pro which runs Windows or the older Surface's that run Windows RT?

If it is one that runs Windows then it is no different than a PC machine. The Windows RT also has the ability to hookup by USB and then just drag and drop.

Edited by Walts Hunting

I use the Surface 2 which is not the PRO version, I sign into GEOCACHING then go to PQ create PQ from my home location set dist. to 25 miles and caches to 1000 and submit.. then I open my email click download PQ then save to desktop right click and extract all to a folder, plug my 62st in to USB port and look in documents for your GPS open this folder then go to GPX file and drag and drop new PQ to your GPS

I use the Surface 2 which is not the PRO version, I sign into GEOCACHING then go to PQ create PQ from my home location set dist. to 25 miles and caches to 1000 and submit.. then I open my email click download PQ then save to desktop right click and extract all to a folder, plug my 62st in to USB port and look in documents for your GPS open this folder then go to GPX file and drag and drop new PQ to your GPS

I have a Surface 2 as well. Can you explain this a little better? Are you using an app, or Geocaching.com?

How can I use my surface to download geocache.

If it has windows it's no different then a regular laptop as long as you have it on the desktop view. I have a Windows tablet and on the desktop view I loaded even GSAK. I don't think Surface makes a difference.