How can I improve my stealth when geocaching?

Tatersaurus

Stealth has been a weakness of mine. I try to be discreet when finding caches, but the locations usually are put in heavily muggled places. Even in rural areas, there's always that one person that walks by when least expected. I've even tried caching at night and early in the morning, but there are still people wandering around for some reason. Sometimes, no matter how careful I am, they see me and give me weird looks (and my social anxiety makes it even worse). How can I improve on this?

Don't even think about being stealthy. Just go about looking for the cache as though you belong there. The only thing I do anymore is try to wait until no one is looking before I put the cache back in place.

Plus one on that. I try to be careful but if someone sees me and appears curious I tell them I am caching. That gets either an interest in what that is our a blank look and I give them a brief explanation.

What is this thing you call stealth? Why do you worry? ALL caches are placed with the permission of the land owner or property manager, so you have full authority to be there to search and find the cache. Enjoy the hobby, with or without an audience.