Switched from Windows PC to a Mac

mrsr71

As the title states, I've switched from Windows PC to a Mac.

I used GSAK software on Windows PC to manage my caches but he/it does not support the Mac. As such, there's two software's that are recommended, MacCaching & iCaching.

Question: if anyone is using either one of these I'd like to hear your recommendations both pro & con before I decide to make a purchase.

Thanks...mrsr71

A lot depends on what you were using GSAK for.

The last time I looked for Mac software for geocaching, I didn't find any that would manage solved coordinates for puzzle caches. So I used boulter's Geocaching Basecamp for a while. Then I used Neongeo, which pulled solved coordinates from the Personal Cache Note. Then the geocaching.com site started supporting edited coordinates. So I now use geocaching.com tools to manage all that, and I just need to download PQs to my devices.

Edited by niraD

I used GSAK software on Windows PC to manage my caches but he/it does not support the Mac. As such, there's two software's that are recommended, MacCaching & iCaching.

Question: if anyone is using either one of these I'd like to hear your recommendations both pro & con before I decide to make a purchase.

Thanks...mrsr71

I use iCaching for Mac and I am very happy with it. The authors are very responsive to questions and suggestions.

Thanks...mrsr71

I use iCaching for Mac and I am very happy with it. The authors are very responsive to questions and suggestions.

Hi, I use Icaching and I find it very usefull, PQs load right away and it has lots of really good features. I couldn't quite get the hang of Gsak but find this quite easy to use.