API Usage with Non-premium User

I was trying out the API usage in GSAK with a non-premium user account, there were some oddities and bugs.

Making a request as a non-premium user for caches with the light data format, the API only returns traditionals and events/cito.

I'm not sure if that is expected for a non-premium user on the API or not.

What is weird is that if I request other types of caches, GSAK will return like it fetched them, give me a count of what it got, deduct from my API balance, but not actually have any caches in what was returned.

Detailed activities:

My first attempt to get caches I asked for 1000 caches of any type around home within 50km. I got 1000 traditionals and events/cito around home. So then I asked for 10 puzzles around home within 50km. The dialogs showed it getting 10 caches, then the result said it returned 10 caches, but showed nothing in the detailed log and nothing showed up in the database. Checking the balance in the API, sure enough, 10 caches were deducted. Tried again with different cache types, same result. Just for clarification there are certainly more than 10 caches available within 50km of the types I tried and there was API quota available during all requests.

I was trying out the API usage in GSAK with a non-premium user account, there were some oddities and bugs.

Making a request as a non-premium user for caches with the light data format, the API only returns traditionals and events/cito.

I'm not sure if that is expected for a non-premium user on the API or not.

What is weird is that if I request other types of caches, GSAK will return like it fetched them, give me a count of what it got, deduct from my API balance, but not actually have any caches in what was returned.

Detailed activities:

My first attempt to get caches I asked for 1000 caches of any type around home within 50km. I got 1000 traditionals and events/cito around home. So then I asked for 10 puzzles around home within 50km. The dialogs showed it getting 10 caches, then the result said it returned 10 caches, but showed nothing in the detailed log and nothing showed up in the database. Checking the balance in the API, sure enough, 10 caches were deducted. Tried again with different cache types, same result. Just for clarification there are certainly more than 10 caches available within 50km of the types I tried and there was API quota available during all requests.

You're able to use gsak with a basic account?

Can anyone confirm whether a non-premium account can access non-traditional caches via the API?

I just linked to a non premium account through an app and received a message that Groundspeak restricts online searches for basic members to traditional caches. This is consistent with Groundspeak's free app only allowing access to traditionals for basic members.

Another Developer explained the limits with the API:

These are limitations of the API, not limitations of this app. All apps using the Live API haves this limitations. So please don´t say bad thinks about my app because of them.

You can download up to three full gecache listings per 24 hour period. But you can view up to 6000 lite versions of caches in this period. For example lite version doesn´t include the descriptions, the waypoints and the logs.

You can only search for traditional caches. You can download any cache type, if you know the GC-Code of them.

The app I use, however, will not let you download non-traditional caches even with the code.

Edited by geodarts