Geocoin Tracking Numbers List

Labrador Retriever

Yup. They're called geocoins. They already have the number on them so you don't have to print anything out. And as a bonus, the people discovering them are actually seeing them. :ph34r: :ph34r:

+1

Anybody see Jeremy's Facebook post about trackables a few days ago?

Is there a program or an app that displays your tracking numbers so you can print them out to take to an event???????????

What the previous two people are saying is, please don't do that! The point is (or, should be) the trackables themselves, not the discovery of them. The purpose of discovering a TB or geocoin in the first place is (or, was) to let the owner know that it is still there in a cache, but that you didn't want to take it because you couldn't help it along on its goal (or some other reason). The point was never simply to get "points" by discovering as many as possible. Personally, I dislike getting discovery notifications on my trackables from events. They are just annoying spam to me, and tell me nothing about my TB.

In answer to your question: no. Not that I'm aware of.

Edited by knowschad

Taking in good consideration what was said above, you have an easy way to do so.

Start to log on any cache.

On the bottom you will see all the trackables in your collection on a vertical list.

On the left you have all the tracking numbers.

Just select all that information... copy and paste on Excel or Word by instance.

After that, just delete all the information that you dont want, but the first on every line will be the tracking number.

Edited by Kelux

I just key them into Excel and print them out whenever I go to a small event and give them to cachers I know. There are too many older cachers who can't read the smaller geocoin codes. I also use a font where you can definitely tell the difference between '0' and 'O'.

Geocoins are supposed to travel from cache to cache, but due to theft, incompetence, and cost, they no longer serve that purpose. The only function they seem to serve other than the pleasure of owning them is to create little icons on other cacher's trackables pages.

If you use GSAK, there is a macro which can download them.. but it seems to only include the public code not the tracking code.

Personally I don't bother to log most discoveries of trackables I see at events. But I know some cachers who bring large collections to events, and some will include sheets of paper with the codes that you can take. The idea isn't to use that and not look at the coins, it is simply to make it easier to see and log the codes.

Yes, I know all that but since I have over 200 Trackables both Geocoins and TB's I was wondering since I am handicapped would there be an easy way to make a list of my trackables tracking numbers with out too much typing. I want to sort the tracking numbers from my collection to one I have released, ones that have gone missing and ones that are in my collection. I know that I can open up my collection and copy/paste them individually into a word program such as Excel.

Yes, I know all that but since I have over 200 Trackables both Geocoins and TB's I was wondering since I am handicapped would there be an easy way to make a list of my trackables tracking numbers with out too much typing. I want to sort the tracking numbers from my collection to one I have released, ones that have gone missing and ones that are in my collection. I know that I can open up my collection and copy/paste them individually into a word program such as Excel.

I agree with others that Trackable discovery has become more an exercise in icon collecting than the original purpose for the Discovery log. I know that a lot of people will bring physical coins and custom trackable items to events (I've noticed the latter to be especially true in Europe) but discovering a tracking number isn't the same as discovering the actual item.

We currently have a "Trackables Inventory" link on our profile pages and it sounds like an additional column which displays the tracking number that could only be seen by the owner would do what you want. It's too bad that you didn't start keeping track of your trackables when you started collection them. If you print off the TB page for each of them it will have the tracking number on it.

They are the OP's trackables, so they are free to do what they like with them! I find nothing wrong with discoveries.

As far as a sheet, you'll just have to manually enter them all in and print it out.

I enjoy sharing some of my collection, but I don't carry them around at events or leave them unattended. I do display a list of my trackables numbers on my vehicle for discovery, which is more common place now as I see others doing the same at events. :)

For me, I do carry around a portion of my collection everywhere I go. I purchased micro geo-coins for each type of cache I have found. I also have a FTF and 1000 cache achievement coin. All of these are affixed to my hat, and the tracking numbers are not visible. If anyone notices them and asks, I have a business card size list of the tracking numbers. Nothing automated, just typed them in and printed them out.

Skye.

They are the OP's trackables, so they are free to do what they like with them! I find nothing wrong with discoveries.

As far as a sheet, you'll just have to manually enter them all in and print it out.

I enjoy sharing some of my collection, but I don't carry them around at events or leave them unattended. I do display a list of my trackables numbers on my vehicle for discovery, which is more common place now as I see others doing the same at events. :)

At almost every event I've attended 4 or 5 cachers have brought binders and boxes of trackables, mostly coins, so that everyone who wishes can view them. They usually have a sheet with all the tracking numbers on it. I rarely bother to log a coin I've discovered that way, I just enjoy looking at them.

At almost every event I've attended 4 or 5 cachers have brought binders and boxes of trackables, mostly coins, so that everyone who wishes can view them. They usually have a sheet with all the tracking numbers on it. I rarely bother to log a coin I've discovered that way, I just enjoy looking at them.

Thank you.

We often see others with lists and years ago my other 2/3rds did the same.

- Still having those codes come up years later is an awakening on what folks will hold on to.

Now if presented a list I ask out loud, "Do these all belong to you?"

If they stammer or clam up, I hand them back with a just-as-loud no thanks.

- Of course now I'm the jerk for exposing the fact that someone has the nerve to list others trackables...

There's currently a list of 3000 trackable codes making the rounds in events in Germany and Denmark. Somebody compiled a list, posted it on dropbox.com and has QR codes that either link to the drop box URL or automatically log finds, I can't tell which.

I've been deleting logs from this list by the dozens to my trackable that was part of Snoogans' last traveling piece of fencing project thingy.

Grrrrrr.