Geocoin Trail Coin Minting- HELP!

theGeOJos

My wife & I are approaching our 1000th cache, and we'd like to give back to the community by creating a coin trail in the town my Mom lives in. There are currently only about 11 caches in the entire town, so there's PLENTY of room to add more! I'm working on getting the pitch together for the city & historical society, but I've never made a coin, so I don't know the costs that are associated with it, or where to begin the process. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance! :D

-Jodi of theGeoJos

Any of the coin stores can set you up with making and designing a coin. Cost varies due to number of coins produced & design complexity, you can expect the coin production to run from $7 to $11 again depending on the mentioned. Because you've mentioned that you will be approaching the city & historical society you (they) may want to include some of the area highlights in the design. Several coins have been made with this in mind including trail coins for after completing the task.

Best of luck with your presentation we look forward to seeing your endeavour.

Is there any one or more company that is more reliable than others? I've seen threads where there were issues with the production.

Also, what is the standard production time from the time the design has been finalized?

We, as a group, have had multiple coins from PHD coins. Always happy. Also we had about 3 months I think, but the sooner you start the better. We had a design ready, and knew what we wanted. If the minter has to design the coin that takes more time. Also some actually get the coins from overseas, so count that into your timeframe. It doesn't take a long time, but obviously the farther away the coin is from you the longer it takes to get to you, be it overseas or halfway across the country, or in the same city.