1000st cache

Busy Queenbee

Hello, since April 2014 I started with geo-caching. From the beginning on I've been very enthusiastic about this sport and I found a lot in very little time. I am near my 1000st cache and I am all out of ideas for what to do to celebrate. Please respond with an original idea. Thanks!

What have you already done for previous milestones? For my 100th cache find, I placed a celebration kit with a certificate, sig items, and a glitter popper (the spring-loaded kind, not an actual firework) into the first cache I had ever found. For my 500th, I gave away five different "Dragon" Geocoins with the info in each coin-flip. I didn't make the coins, but bought them over time. Geocoins are cool since the ones that are suitable as a gift like that (not imprinted with a year, place, and event) seem to stop being sold, and then become somewhat rare. At the rate I'm finding caches, by the time I get to 1000 finds, I guess I'll have coins worth a fortune. :laughing:

Edited by kunarion

Kunarion, I like the special actions you did on your milestones 100 and 500. EG at our milestones (100, 200, 300 etc) each time we tried to pick out a 'special nice' cache (lots of favo points) I am just thinking: what is extra special to do at the extra special milestone nr 1000. Placing one for a change is a good idea but we will reach nr 1000 sooner then be able to placing one..

I do nothing to "celebrate" as the numbers are just adding up by themselves but if in any way possible I try have a special find at ever X***. If the cache can't be special then the location should be.

1000 was a multi I thought was special (it was then), 2000 and 300 was a special location (North Norway), 4000 was a great Wherigo, 5000 was a rather good multi. I hope 6000 will be a special cache but I'm at least trying for it to be a special location. I keep a close eye on my stats to make sure the timeframe is right. If all goes to plan it should be the southernmost find or the furthest from home.

Hello, since April 2014 I started with geo-caching. From the beginning on I've been very enthusiastic about this sport and I found a lot in very little time. I am near my 1000st cache and I am all out of ideas for what to do to celebrate. Please respond with an original idea. Thanks!

What have you already done for previous milestones? For my 100th cache find, I placed a celebration kit with a certificate, sig items, and a glitter popper (the spring-loaded kind, not an actual firework) into the first cache I had ever found. For my 500th, I gave away five different "Dragon" Geocoins with the info in each coin-flip. I didn't make the coins, but bought them over time. Geocoins are cool since the ones that are suitable as a gift like that (not imprinted with a year, place, and event) seem to stop being sold, and then become somewhat rare. At the rate I'm finding caches, by the time I get to 1000 finds, I guess I'll have coins worth a fortune. :laughing:

Weren't we just reading about hoarding TBs?? :ph34r: