Suggestions for #100

gnbrotz

I'm not quite to 100 yet, but close enough that I'm starting to give it some thought. I currently have four that I am considering, but would welcome input from all of you as well. The four already on my list to consider are (in no particular order):

The Locatelli Crime Family's Greatest Hits (GC39EA) by griffiths gnat (3.5/1.5)

Thousand Steps Cache (GC59AF) by Team KP and kid (3/5)

Good luck (GC686E) by Mark II (4/4.5)

Play It Safe! (GCD1A0) by OUTSID4EVR & MAJELLIN (4/2.5)

I'd like the one a choose to be a unique experience and require a little more effort (physical and/or mental) than the average cache.

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'

I've done the Thousand Steps cache. I'd recommend taking along a camera, some water, perhaps a small lunch, and TIME. It's a pretty intense hike, but the views are worth it. I believe it was the Leprechauns' 100th find. If you're looking for something "special" as a 100th, this would qualify. The cache itself is nothing special, but as in real estate, it's location, location, location.

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.

I heartily recommend the 1000 Steps cache, of course, and was glad to see it on your list. While I've heard of the others on your list, I haven't done them yet, so I can't comment.

1000 Steps is more realistically rated at about 2.0/4.0... there is no special equipment required.

As for the walk and the view once you get up there, IV Warrior said it all. See my log from September for pictures and further details. Don't miss this cache!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

I too, am coming up on #100 and am contemplating a challenge. If your a paddler and are willing to go a little further south in Maryland this one looks good if you take one of the longer routes. Iv'e paddled all up this river many times and it's a beautiful place to see. I assume the cache is still there, it's only been found once in the year it's been there. Iv'e done a few at Patapsco Valley State Park but didn't have the one your looking at on my list. Anyway, good luck at which ever one you go for.

I just finished the Good Luck cache this week. That one is pretty challenging and requires the heavy use of a compass which is something a little out of the ordinary. The terrain is pretty rough and the hides are well done. I enjoyed hunting that one.

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

The easiest way to ensure that you won't find a cache is to tell other people you are going to make it a "milestone" find. icon_wink.gif

No, the easiest way is to bring along a reporter with you to a cache you haven't found yet.

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

I think I'm pretty set on "Thousand Steps" for my hundredth. My goal is actually to log both my hundredth cache and hundredth benchmark find on the same day (and possibly go a bit past). I need to catch up the benchmarks a bit, but they do add up faster than caches.

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'

quote:
Originally posted by gnbrotz:

I think I'm pretty set on "Thousand Steps" for my hundredth. My goal is actually to log both my hundredth cache and hundredth benchmark find on the same day (and possibly go a bit past). I need to catch up the benchmarks a bit, but they do add up faster than caches.

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'

Excellent choice!

Bring enough water, watch for rattlesnakes, and don't have high expectations to do many more caches that day. This one may wipe you out physically, but refresh you mentally! icon_smile.gif

on a side note: Thanks for getting a quick route together for the Fox Hunt. I just found the other page of my coordinates cramed down in the seat of my jeep!

Next time your around State College, drop me a note...we'll find a cache or two together.

Salvelinus

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

Like Salvelinus, I applaud your good judgment in choosing Thousand Steps Cache -- since we recommended it! icon_smile.gif You won't be disappointed. Although I won't blame you a bit if, at around stone step number 800, you start saying "evil elves, evil elves" each time you take a step. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck and have fun!

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips