Cache Theft In Vermont

Immortal ~

Caches going missing or being stolen is nothing new, but the latest trend here in Central Vermont when it comes to caches vanishing is one I feel others should know about. For the second time, one of my caches was stolen from it's location. Being an ammo can, I know it was in the higher percentage of theft so I took the precaution of securing it via chain to a tree, but after a troubling log earlier in the day saying the cache wasn't as described, I decided to go check up on it.

When I arrived, I found that my cache had not only been stolen, but replaced with another container...This seemed seriously odd seeing as it had been fine and dandy the week before. Upon inspection, I found that the chain that had been welded to my ammo can had been cut off and reattached to a small lock-n-lock and after opening it and inspecting the contents I found....a number of other people's caches. Everything from micro canisters with their logs still inside to pieces from multicaches and even the main cache itself belonged to someone else and had been snatched up months ago judging by the log inside.

I haven't a clue who did it, but whoever it was really went through a lot of trouble to show just how big of a thief they were. I'm trying to track down the owners of the collection of caches that were left in place of my ammo can, but it seems like a good idea to warn others in the area to keep an eye on their more important caches. All of the ones I have now seem to have been yanked out of hiding spots ranging from Barre to Burlington so keep an eye out.

And if anyone comes across an ammo can with half a chain attached and my name painted on the bottom....please let me know.