Are you a Lurker?

mr.magoo

I usually made it a standard practice to watch a cache after i had visited it to make sure there were no problems with the next visitor or two, or to lend a hand if needed. I have slowly been getting more and more daily mail about cache finds. Finally, I decided to cleanup. I was astonished to find I was watching over 200 caches! I have cut my list down to the nearby caches ( incase someone reports a trouble , i can help out) and also some of the more memorable caches I have hunted. I think Im down to about 25 now.

I was curious how many caches to most folks 'watch'?

"Problems are merely opportunities for interesting solutions which can be implemented by those with the courage to be different."

I normally put caches on my watch list until at least the next finder locates it (so I know if there's a problem) and also some caches close to me (same reason as Magoo).

Also - some of my favorites I watch just to see who goes for 'em, but lately (since the stats site disappeared), I just use Watcher to read the latest logs in the area from my pocketqueries.

I wish there was an option to get a consolidated email of all your 'watch hits' for a day.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. - Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)

I only use the watch feature as a shortcut to access archived "controversial" cache pages from outside my area.

I don't put caches I plan on finding or have found on the watch list. Sometimes I go down the list of caches on "My Cache Page" and click on an old favorite to see who's been there.

I also keep up with caches that interest me by following the "newest logs" list.

I do, however, "watch" every travel bug that has gone through my hands. That list badly needs a fall cleaning/pruning, so thanks for the reminder.

I watch caches I just found until the next person, I'd hate being the last person who found a cache before it was plundered. I think I got a guilt complex!

Also, I watch those I've loaded into my GPS as their status may change to archived or some other problem before I go for them.

Alan

We usually the next few that we'd like to go find in the home area. If we're going to travel we just look up the ones nearest our area.

Ancient proverb: One is never lost. Wherever you are, you are there. -- And with a GPSr, you are within 3 meters of wherever there is!