Bug Hotel...

retphoto

After monitoring the cache container for "Tombstone Lot", and talking to a few people I am changing it to a larger container.

Ammo cans do not appear to suffer form condensation like plastic containers do.

Since it's going to be almost triple the size of the orginal, and it's an easy find/retreave/replace, I was thinking of appending the name and making it "Tombstone Lot:Bug Hotel"

I will accept any suggestions on this...

He prayeth best, who loveth best All things both great and small; For the dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all.

S. T. Coleridge

Ammo cans do suffer from condensation and can leak. I just rescued damp cache of mine that was in an ammo box. It still had a good seal, so my guess is that something was caught in the seal when a finder closed it.

So never assume a cache container is waterproof, even an ammo box. Always place anything that will be ruined by water in its own Ziploc.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Agreed. One of my Ammo can caches got wet as well (of course, it was underwater in a swollen river for a while). icon_eek.gif

Once the river level dropped, the cache was intact, but had a bit of water inside.

I can't recommend ammo cans for 'submarine' caches!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. - Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)