COIN ACTIVATION

fisnjack

15 hours ago, dufzor said:
On 5/19/2015 at 10:52 AM, RuideAlmeida said:

Normally you can obtain the activation code here. Enter the tracking number in "Activate Trackable:" and on the next window, in the bottom you will find a link "Retrieve your Activation Code".

This site can’t be reached

I think you quoted the wrong post, as the link above works fine (edit: and RuideAlmeida even describes the exact steps you need to take).  But I digress.

When coin shops go belly up, Groundspeak should still be able to activate a trackable.  It's available by going to the main trackables page, clicking "Activate a trackable," and then clicking the "Get activation code" link.  (Here, you just need to click the last link -- just letting you know how to find it on the site in the future.)

Edited by hzoi
it was all right there, if only you'd bothered to look...
  • Surprised 1

I have a coin that I received a few years ago and did not activate it at the time. I attempted to use the code provided to activate it and it said code does not match. Then I attempted to retrieve the activation code and received the same code that was on the package. I tried capital letters and lower case and neither worked. Any suggestions? The coin is from Gold Country in BC so maybe they would know what the issue is?

9 minutes ago, Chilcotin Sam said:

I have a coin that I received a few years ago and did not activate it at the time. I attempted to use the code provided to activate it and it said code does not match. Then I attempted to retrieve the activation code and received the same code that was on the package. I tried capital letters and lower case and neither worked. Any suggestions? The coin is from Gold Country in BC so maybe they would know what the issue is?

The problem might be the Tracking Code if it has letters and numbers easily confused with other letters or numbers.  

Contact HQ for guidance:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/

• Upvote 1