Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
fisnjack

COIN ACTIVATION

I had a bunch of geocoins made by "TheCachingPlace.com" I paid for the activation codes, however; since that company is out of business how do I get the activation codes for the remainder of my coins?

Edited by fisnjack

Normally you can obtain the activation code here. Enter the tracking number in "Activate Trackable:" and on the next window, in the bottom you will find a link "Retrieve your Activation Code".

Edited by RuideAlmeida

On 5/19/2015 at 10:52 AM, RuideAlmeida said:

Normally you can obtain the activation code here. Enter the tracking number in "Activate Trackable:" and on the next window, in the bottom you will find a link "Retrieve your Activation Code".

This site can’t be reached

15 hours ago, dufzor said:
On 5/19/2015 at 10:52 AM, RuideAlmeida said:

This site can’t be reached

I think you quoted the wrong post, as the link above works fine (edit: and RuideAlmeida even describes the exact steps you need to take).  But I digress.

When coin shops go belly up, Groundspeak should still be able to activate a trackable.  It's available by going to the main trackables page, clicking "Activate a trackable," and then clicking the "Get activation code" link.  (Here, you just need to click the last link -- just letting you know how to find it on the site in the future.)

Edited by hzoi
it was all right there, if only you'd bothered to look...

I don't believe that process works for The Caching Place. I am working with one user now to ensure that (s)he can activate the coin (s)he bought from them.

I've talked to somebody @ Groundspeak that confirmed that they are working on a solution and I will post either here (or in a new thread) when that solution is ready - stay tuned.

• Upvote 1