Fuggle

After perusing over 50+ pages of unbelievable anecdotes regarding either questionable (forgot my pen) to undeniably false (cache was in possession of CO when Find was logged) there seemed, to me at least, that there should be a term to describe these people.

I'm tossing Fuggle out there for your consideration.

I bet wmpastor is a Fuggle.

Are you giving odds?

The last time a thread took a turn in this direction it was by you-know-who plus a NJ cacher now in Siberia and the thread was locked after two posts. Uh-huh! :anibad:

Edited by wmpastor

There should be a name for people who obsess about other people's finds.

There already is ... it's waterloo.bob! :D

I mean if studying "50+ pages" qualifies for a diagnosis of "obsession." :P

Hmmm...my post #2500 here is a quip I can be pleased with! B)

Edited by wmpastor

I think i'd go with something a little more to the point like this:

A cacher who does this is a ,,, cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, clueless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ess, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey spit!

Hallelujah! Holy sheet! :laughing:

Ooops, edited to add my smiley. In other words, i don't think a special title is needed for people who do this.

Edited by Mudfrog

I reported this thread last night, no response from any moderator over 12 hours later. This kind of thread, made only to mock, does not help build a strong community. I really can't understand why the moderators allow it to continue. What's the point of a thread like this? It is only for mocking others. Reporting it did no good. Kinda sad--

I reported this thread last night, no response from any moderator over 12 hours later. This kind of thread, made only to mock, does not help build a strong community. I really can't understand why the moderators allow it to continue. What's the point of a thread like this? It is only for mocking others. Reporting it did no good. Kinda sad--

I can certainly understand, and empathize with your point of view, but my sense is that the Moderators rarely step in unless the mocking/attacks are more personal in nature. In this case, the mocking seems to be more self inflicted on the OP, and self mocking doesn't appear to be a Forum violation.

I would only find this thread offensive if I were a "fuggle". Besides, I guess this thread was started to make fun of those who think they win anything by behaving the way they do. They may even think about their behavior ..... Naaaah... probably not... :ph34r:

The moderating team has been watching this thread since it started. I wanted to leave it for a little while, hoping that the thread might become productive. But it seems to just be mostly a back and forth of non-productive, slightly offensive (both non directly, and directly) posts. So I have decided to close it.