Scaredy Cat Benchmark Viewer

PFF

I tried to use the Benchmark Viewer just now and the following message is displayed on the Select-a-State page. Any ideas?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'NGSUser'@'208.109.181.27' (using password: YES) in /home/content/d/e/s/deschmann/html/benchmarks/state_sel.php on line 5

Not connected : Access denied for user 'NGSUser'@'208.109.181.27' (using password: YES)

I have the same problem.

I hope it is just temporary. I love this program.

While it's being worked on, it would be awesome if there were an icon to show your position, because often it's difficult to know which benchmark you're at, while using the scaredycat site, I've been thinking this for a while.

Looks like it is back. Whew! My heart resumed beating...... [Grin]

Received the following reply from Monkeykat:

"Thanks for the notice, I realized there was a problem late Tuesday, then forgot to fix it Wednesday, but it is taken care of now. Glad to hear people are still using the viewer, I took a database dump from NGS last month, so the marks should be pretty up to date."

Monkeykat's done a great job with the BM viewer site over the years - he's provided a tool that makes this hobby more rewarding for all of us :)

Looks like it is back. Whew! My heart resumed beating...... [Grin]

Received the following reply from Monkeykat:

"Thanks for the notice, I realized there was a problem late Tuesday, then forgot to fix it Wednesday, but it is taken care of now. Glad to hear people are still using the viewer, I took a database dump from NGS last month, so the marks should be pretty up to date."

Monkeykat's done a great job with the BM viewer site over the years - he's provided a tool that makes this hobby more rewarding for all of us :)

Thanks for finding out about this Ernmark.

And BIG THANK YOU to Monkeykat for his site!

Hey everyone, I check in on this message board less often now. Feels good to know the benchmarking page is still in use. Everything should be squared away now, and in the future. Keeping the site up an running doesn't cost me any more than I already pay for my blog and other sites, plus it is quite easy to maintain, so it should be around for a while. Cache happy folks.

I put a rudimentary "Show My Location" button in the left corner of the web site. I tried it out, and my location was way off. Also, it doesn't take you to your location, but it did put a push pin there. Try it out and tell me if that is what you were looking for.

I'm not sure about the "mobile" viewer, does anyone use that? It was supposed to center on your current location, and show the marks for the state you are in. There was supposed to be a button to "reset" the state, so if you scrolled around to another state, you could hit the state button and load marks for the new state you were in. But the buttons don't show up. So maybe it works for the current state you are in? Or does it only show NY.

Sometime maybe I can get these upgraded to maps 3.0.