COs Encourage better logs - change to geocaching.com

yellowmojo

I put quite abit of effort into many of my caches to try and earn fav points.

I LOVE when seekers of my caches reward me with a log of their adventure, some are very well done and I've enjoyed a good chuckle once or twice because of the logs (it's a real disappointment when I've made a big effort to make a special cache and I get a log that says, 'TFTC' or 'found').

I have a suggestion on how to encourage cachers to write an actual log rather than just 'TFTC' or 'found'. It would be nice if COs could rate the logs posted on their caches. Maybe with a star rating scale or a fav point. When a geocacher gets so many 'log points' they could earn a souvenir for their profile. Does anyone else feel this would be a good idea?

First thing it is inappropriate to post the same topic in multiple forums. A moderator will probably be along shortly to combine them and remind you of that.

It seems that many suggestions come up over time about small issues that aren't really important and some make work for people. While this annoys some people (and not that many it would seem) it isn't worth getting the knickers in a bunch. Remember the serenity prayer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

You could change line one to

Grant me the serenity to accept the things that are unimportant.

First thing it is inappropriate to post the same topic in multiple forums. A moderator will probably be along shortly to combine them and remind you of that.

It seems that many suggestions come up over time about small issues that aren't really important and some make work for people. While this annoys some people (and not that many it would seem) it isn't worth getting the knickers in a bunch. Remember the serenity prayer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

You could change line one to

Grant me the serenity to accept the things that are unimportant.

It is obviously an important thing to the OP, and apparently he has an idea that he believes may make a difference. Nothing wrong with that. I sincerely doubt that it will be implemented, but I don't think its an idea to simply toss out without thinking about. Have favorite points on caches helped to improve the quality of caches hidden? Probably in some cases; certainly not in all cases.