Using colored background in the Waymark Long Description - Colorblindness and smaller devices

I would like to raise a bit of awareness regarding the small increase in Waymarkers that are using a colored background in the long description. I have asked them to not do that or at least use very light colors to help those who are color blind (for more info visit here ). I have worked with many people who are color blind and have a great respect to try to accommodate this issue. People are rarely (fortunately) totally color blind. Instead, there are some colors they the eye cannot interpret so the brain shifts to other colors/cannot represent the color. In addition, having the colored backgrounds while viewing the Waymarking pages on a device in the sunlight can make reading unnecessarily difficult. (Trivia - we also see everything upside down. We just learn to flip the image in our brain at infancy.)

If you want to 'see' (no pun intended) how your Waymark looks to a person with various types of color blindness, copy the URL of one of your Waymark pages and visit Colorblind Web Page Filter. The page will load your webpage as each types of color blind person 'sees' it. It does take more time to load the images (there is a radio button where you can turn the images off), but I think it is worth the wait to discover how someone with color deficiency 'sees' the web.

Take care, Outspoken1

Edited by Outspoken1

I'm another one that has added a touch of color to my waymarks. I've toned down to a very light color and increased the font size in the blockquote after speaking to Outspoken, but I also think the color helps differentiate between my information and that information that I am quoting. I also think it helps increase the quality of the waymark (my opinion only, though)