Marked Missing by Reviewer

Scook

I'm quite sure my "Tony Packo's Bun" is probably missing but I think this is quite a presumptions action by a reviewer.

There has been only 1 log on the Bug that it is not in the cache and it was not by the cache owner (or the reviewer).

Based on that, the reviewer has marked it as missing. The reviewer has not logged a visit to the cache and the cache owner has not done a Maintenance Check on the cache. How does the reviewer really know the Travel Bug is NOT in the cache. Maybe the item is there but someone remoed the tag?

Over reaction on his part or mine?

Here's the log entry- Log by Backwoods Reviewer

Let's see: Four years and ten months since it was placed in the cache. Several cachers noted that there were no TBs in the cache. Over 100 finds of the cache since it was placed there.

Yeah! It's gone!

Unusual for reviewers to mark such TBs as missing. Go for it! I wish more reviewers had the time to mark such TBs as 'missing'.

Definitely over-reaction on your part. It's been missing for almost five years!

I'm quite sure my "Tony Packo's Bun" is probably missing but I think this is quite a presumptions action by a reviewer.

There has been only 1 log on the Bug that it is not in the cache and it was not by the cache owner (or the reviewer).

Based on that, the reviewer has marked it as missing. The reviewer has not logged a visit to the cache and the cache owner has not done a Maintenance Check on the cache. How does the reviewer really know the Travel Bug is NOT in the cache. Maybe the item is there but someone remoed the tag?

Almost two years after a person might have dropped it in cache, a person logs that it wasn't there on your trackables page.

Nice of him to leave you a note there, rather than a brief mention on the cache page.

This was in '12, and no one's claimed anything on it since.

A CO who hasn't logged in since last September, and your not logging it missing, I'd say the Reviewer made the right decision. :)

The travel bug is the tag. Anything attached is simply something attached.

- If it ever turns up and logged in, it'll show as no longer missing.

Edited by cerberus1

http://coord.info/GC2ADPT

The Reviewer did the right thing, which either you or the cache owner should have done long ago.

The Reviewer went out of his/her way to do something nice for the caching community. He/she should be thanked for that action.

The cache owner should have marked it missing long ago, when they did the maintenance checks on the cache.

The cache logs tell us that your travel bug went missing from that cache the month after it was dropped on 07/11/2010.

johnathon78

07/11/2010

Nice hide! Mosquito city though! Left tb took nothing.

dragonfly110

08/02/2010

Found a purple mushroom and a huge wasp nest. No travel bug!

Owner Maintenance

09/20/2010

This cache is exactly where I placed it. It may be that tree canopy will throw off coordinates.

AMILLERFOUR

10/16/2010

Travel bug was not recovered nowhere in the contents =(

yololiveit

03/26/2011

glad I came when its cool....bet snakes love this area!!! TFC TN L-skull (no TB in container0

capers19

Owner Maintenance

06/10/2011

This should not be difficult if you consider canopy problems. Try moving a bit to the left for the right spot.

newburgh

02/18/2012

Nice hide. Left a path tag. No travel bug here though??

NW guy

04/12/2012

Cool hide. No TB in the cache. The cache is in good condition. Took the jumping bean and left a pack of tissues.

Victory Cacher

09/14/2012

Finally got to find it. Been meaning to get to it for a while. TNLN TFTC. No trackables in cache.

far2nutty

04/19/2014

Found it! Thanks for hiding. Didn't find Tony's hotdog bun but found a path tag! Left a baby Jesus in honor of Easter! Rob & Cathy

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Also remember, the reviewer may have been to the cache; they don't usually cache under their reviewer name.

And it being marked as missing will not affect it if it is found. People would still be able to log it, and doing that will un mark it as missing.

Edited by T.D.M.22