Meeting your travel bug at the end of its journey?

EruionWayfarer

I only have one TB and set it off to Hamilton, Indiana, USA, because I had been an exchange student there when I was 17. Shortly after sending it on its way, I learned that I had to go the States for work and would be able to fit in a visit to Hamilton, so I updated the TB's goal to race me there. Sadly, I have been and returned to Australia while my TB hasn't even left the country.

I have one I released in New York to go to London Bridge in Arizona and then to London KY. It never made it to Arizona and somebody dropped it in Northern Kentucky instead of London like he said he was going to. Someone from London picked it up last August and finally dropped it in a cache a couple days ago (late April) -- back in Northern Kentucky rather than London.

My guess is that it is a crap shoot even if it survives to travel back where you want it. And that's a crap shoot in itself. I've been lucky with that one I figure. It kept going northeast instead of southwest but someone finally took it to Michigan. From Michigan someone finally took it to Texas where someone picked it up and said he would move it on. He did do so -- back to Michigan. There it was marked missing from the cache it was dropped in for several months and then reappeared in the same cache it disappeared from. So now it's moving againi and hopefully will make it to Arizona at some point. But I ain't holding my breath.