Everett Cache Machine II

travisl

I stopped by Spencer Island just before dinner tonight. Signage indicates hours are 6 AM to dusk, not the 7 AM indicated on the park's web site. The first two caches on the route are outside of the 6 AM area, so I'm sure we're good with those. The next five are still accessible, but the legality of doing so is questionable. I'll take the chance, but I can't suggest that anyone else do so. I've informed the Snohomish County Sheriff's Department (as well as the Everett and Marysville PDs), so I hope they're OK with us being there early.

The next one on the route, number 8, is accessible. But numbers 9-14 may be behind a closed gate. I think it'll be 6 AM before we get there, so I think we're good.

If you're at all concerned about it, start your route at number 21, and then get numbers 1-20 after 110.

The only other changes are those that have already been mentioned above:

Stop 37.1: GC2ZJVN 50 Bullets

Stop 37.2: GC39ZYM Paul Skansi #82

Stop 85.1: GC5X442 Esther's Cache!

Stop 95.1: GC5WWH4 Rink Rats

Stop 108.1: GC5XAG5 What's yellow red and blue all over?

Dinner tomorrow is scheduled to be at 7:30. The restaurant has requested we wrap it up by 9:00. Shouldn't be a problem, but maybe try and get there a few minutes early.

See you tomorrow!

The above caches are in the bookmark. Sorry I can't add the numbers to the numbering file, usersort only allows integer values.

That's why I always number at 10 times the 'real' number (10 = 1, 20 = 2, etc.) that way I can squeeze in a few extra. Saves having to renumber things so much.

The above caches are in the bookmark. Sorry I can't add the numbers to the numbering file, usersort only allows integer values.

That's why I always number at 10 times the 'real' number (10 = 1, 20 = 2, etc.) that way I can squeeze in a few extra. Saves having to renumber things so much.

The numbers I use correspond to the stop numbers listed on Travis's route. I don't wish to depart from those nuimbers.

The numbers I use correspond to the stop numbers listed on Travis's route. I don't wish to depart from those nuimbers.

Yep, I understand, it just an invisible decimal and one zero added to the number. I've done for cache machines as there are always extra that I want to 'throw' in.

I just modified jholly's macro to use userdata1 field instead of usersort. That way I can add in all the extra caches that I want (23.2, 23.5, 45.7) and it will sort correctly. I also pad the front with 0s so you don't get the old 1,11,12,13,2,3,4 ... sorting issue. (001,002,003,004,011,012,013)

Then when I send the cache to my GPSr I can put the numbers in front of the cache name and on my 60csx it sorts caches alphabetically, which makes it real easy to find the next cache to go for.

It works for me.

Terrible Ts

I had briefly considered using the user data fields, but as you noted, they need to be prefixed with leading zeros. I would also need to allow selecting which data field since I could not assume a given field is available. Making a selection, as I learned on the database selection, can lead to confusion on the part of the user since the concept of a drop down selection in a combo box does not appear to be obvious.

Far as display on the GPS units, if the unit is in display closest, then the prefix does not matter, it always displays by sorted distance. Far as I know, this is the only option on a Nuvi. Display by name I believe does sort alphabetically. Again it depends on the user and unit if this is a useable option.

Using the usersort field you can export with the %usersort %name format and get the numbers at the beginning.

Thanks for sharing.

Using the usersort field you can export with the %usersort %name format and get the numbers at the beginning.

That still gets you the problem sort of 1, 10, 11, ... ,2,20...

I use a macro "Alpha User Sort" to pad the %usersort output with zeros:

IF $_MacroParms<>""
 $AUSLength=Val($_MacroParms)
ELSE
 $AUSLength=3
EndIF

IF $d_UserSort>0
 $AUS=Right("0000"+NumToStr($d_UserSort),$AUSLength)
ELSE
 $AUS=""
ENDIF
$_Special=$AUS

So the export line to the GPSr is

%macro="Alpha User Sort" %Name