Everett Cache Machine II

travisl

Note: circumstances may change after this initial posting. Look for my posts (with the icon13.gif icon) in this thread for all the important details and changes.

(Link to dinner event cache.)

When you think of Everett, do you think big? It's got the largest building in the world. It's got the largest public marina on the west coast. And it's got a large number of caches in the surrounding area. Let's get a hundred or so.

So fill up the tank, grab your gear, toss down some breakfast at way-too-early o'clock, and start on the route at Spencer Island: GC2DXBY, Porter Put It There. Sunrise on Saturday, June 20, is around 5:00 a.m., so we'll start then. From there, move at your own pace and get as many as you can.

Dinner's at 7:30 p.m. at Alfy’s Pizza, 2317 Broadway, Everett (47° 59.174', -122° 12.056'). It’s listed as an event cache, GC5V133. See its event page for details. Please log your "will attends" on the event page.

Note that several caches on the route map are marked with a "do not enter" icon icon_disabled.gif. Those cache owners have justifiably asked for their cache to not be on the route, and for the cache to not be sought during the cache machine. The cache is, in the owner's opinion, in a sensitive area, whether it's environmentally unwise, socially sensitive, or physically fragile. Just don't get it. It's not like there's a shortage of caches in the area.

You may find this bookmark list of do-not-hunt caches useful.

Rules:

1) Follow all traffic laws, and drive safely. This is not a race; there are no winners. The only loser will be someone who gets hurt. When someone asks what you're doing, the right answer is honesty: "geocaching".

2) Respect private property, even if the cache owner didn't. Post your DNFs proudly.

3) One logbook entry for "ECM2" is fine for most small and micros. Don't go filling up the logbook just because you want to mark your territory. 100 people's names and dates will fill up most one-sheets. Be kind and bring extra paper to add to caches with full logbooks.

4) As with all cache machines, if you find the cache, you'll be the one who has to re-hide it. Hide it as well as you found it. Handing it off to someone else and pointing down saying "it goes there" isn't good enough. Don't be a jerk. The extra 45 seconds isn't going to ruin your day.

If you’ve already found a couple of these caches, that’s fine - give us a chance to find the cache, and then we may turn to you for a hint. Suggestions and ''Count me ins'' are welcome on the event page.

----

The Everett Cache Machine II FAQ:

When is it? When is the start time?

Saturday, June 20, 2015. Start time is 5:00 a.m. at GC2DXBY, Porter Put It There.

Will it be one large group, will we be split into teams, or what?

We'll start as one large group, but after a dozen caches or so, the large groups will likely fragment, and on a long day like this, you'll probably be on your own by the time most people in town are waking up.

Is anything going on before, during, or after?

• Friday, June 19, at 7:00 PM: An informal pre-event dinner will be at Scuttlebutt Brewing (kids welcome), 1205 Craftsman Way, very close to GC2WVA2, Sirens’ Perch. Last-minute changes will be announced here and in the Groundspeak forum.
  • Saturday, June 20, at 5:00 AM: Cache machine begins!
  • Saturday, June 20, at 7:30 AM: It's not part of the cache machine, but FYI, the Mt. Vernon Parks 2015 Geocoin Challenge event is taking place about 25 miles north of here.
  • Saturday, June 20, at 7:30 PM: Dinner will be at Alfy’s Pizza, 2317 Broadway, Everett (47° 59.174', -122° 12.056'). It’s listed as an event cache, stop number 123, GC5V133.
  • Sunday, June 21: Nothing's planned.

A cache on your map shows the wrong place to park.

Hey, that road doesn't exist!

What's with making us ford the Snohomish River?

Thanks for catching that! Let me know, and I'll incorporate it into the route.

If dinner's at 7:30 p.m., why does the route go to 11? Is this a two-day event?

The extra time is a buffer, in case you're so good that you'd run out of caches before you run out of daylight. I don't expect anyone would be able to hit all of them between sunrise and sunset. Of course, if you wanted to hit them after dinner, or on Sunday, I'm sure you'll be able to find folks to join you.

*NEW* The last two caches on the route require a 1.5 mile round-trip hike, so if you find yourself with extra time, that should eat up the clock.

It sounds fun, but I've already found some of them.

Then come laugh at us, try to remember where they were, look at the old logbook signatures, or guess when we'll be at the caches you haven't hit yet. Maybe pass your phone number around for us to call when we get stumped.

You don't have X cache on the route. Why aren't we getting that one?

I try to avoid most multicaches, most puzzle caches, caches that appear to be overly time consuming, and caches that the owner has asked us to avoid. I'm also skipping caches that just seem at first glance to be a little lame, because there's so many caches and so little time. Don't worry, though, I've still got some parking lot caches for you.

You have X cache on the route, but it's disabled/archived/a long hike.

Let me know, and I'll remove it from the route (if archived) or will check with the owner (if disabled).

X cache is in an environmentally sensitive area.

My cache is physically fragile and I don't want it broken.

By all means, let me know. I don't want to send 100 people there to stomp all over it.

I disagree with the whole idea of cache machines. I don't want you finding my cache.

Sorry to hear that. It's too bad you've got a neat place to show us that we won't be able to see. Let me know, and I'll remove it from the route.

What's this gonna cost me?

Nothing for the caching. Or, at least, nothing more than it would cost than if you did the trip solo (e.g., paying for your own gas, hotel, and dinner). I'm not collecting any money for this.

Lunch? Breaks? Bathrooms?

There's no breaks in cache machines! Just hold it. :-P Or find something on the way.

Rain? Snow? Landslides? Flooding? Tides?

Probably, yes. Do what you safely can, and skip ahead when reality or your capabilities don't match the plan. Be prepared and flexible.

What do the map symbols mean?

Turquoise lines show my suggested route, but if there's a brown trail or grey road that I've drawn in, ignore the turquoise. Red car icons show places to leave a car for a short time.

ce16d180-40c2-423d-a3ab-b976b7b4a2b2.jpg

Link to event no workie. GS lackies asleep at the wheel?

Nope -- you're too quick. Because of way I set these up, the event page needs a link to this discussion, and this discussion needs a link to the event page. To get the links, I need to post them nearly simultaneously. It'll take the lackeys a few hours or even a day to get the event approved, especially if I've goofed on something. But that never happens. :rolleyes:

(Edit: Aaaand it's live!)

Edited by travisl

A few quick notes

Caches 1-6 (GC2DXBY,,GC2MD3D, GC1YT7K, GC1VF35, GC1Q3X4, GC1YT2W)

Parking is at N 47° 59.564 W 122° 10.365 (Listed coords for GC1QRW4)

15 GC3PBTV

No parking at cache, use same parking as 14 GC55PFQ

22 GC1R8EB

The final for this multi is close to parking for 20 GC55G5G. Read the title.

27 GCVWRV

Limited parking due to construction

28 GC3QGD5

Due to construction, unable to reach from the west.

41-43 (GC47ARY, GC45HAF, GC47AT0)

This road is not open to the public for driving. Walking only. Closest parking is at N47 57.604 W122 13.397

67 GC28NCY

Enough parking here for 4-5 cars. No parking restriction here, especially if just grabbing this cache.

70 to 71 (GC5G8DM to GC33J5H)

Invalid route. Unable to go straight across Highway 9. Use Bickford Ave. Recommend from 70 GC5G8DM to 73 GC47HH1 then to 71 GC33J5H

83 GC4383B

This cache is inside and subject to the opening hours of the library

87 GC1V27M

Limited parking

90 GC1QA41

No parking here. Must access trail from near 88 GC3G7F7

91 GC1V7PC

No parking here. Must access trail from near 88 GC3G7F7 or 92 GC58Q74

101 GC2EYNG

No parking here. Must take a walk.

113 GC5NW11

Currently disabled

Bookmark and data file on my website is posted.

#24 - GC3XAV7 - many DNF's and a pending NA

#25 - GC30NTQ - Five DNF's in a row.

#26 - GC3FQ2Y - Four in a row

#38 - GC4F74 - Four in a row

#42 - GC45HAF - maybe, maybe not, but soaked if it is.

#45 - GC35G47 - disabled

#47 - GC35G47 - solid finds until the last two DNF's. Need to keep an eye on this one.

#105 - GC46RZD - might want to keep an eye on this one.

#109 - GC1HKDZ - last three were DNF.

#110 - GC1HKDZ - bad coords.

#111 - GC2F7Y8 - last three DNF

#113 - GC5NW11 - disabled

Rambudo: Thanks for the feedback. For the next draft:

1-6, 15, 22, 67, 70-73, 91, 101: Fixed

28: It looks from Street View like there's a chain link fence ending at the parking coordinates, near a Bike Route sign. Is that where to enter to be on the correct side?

42-43, 91: Removing

27, 83, 87: Hours & parking noted

113: Yup, it's disabled, but FluteFace is a very active cacher, and I'm sure I'll know soon whether this is live or dead.

JHolly: my notes are inline:

#24 - GC3XAV7 - many DNF's and a pending NA Probably gone. Removing.

#25 - GC30NTQ - Five DNF's in a row. Really tiny. I think it's still there.

#26 - GC3FQ2Y - Four in a row Probably gone. Removing.

#38 - GC4F74 - Four in a row It has a history of strings of DNFs, with people searching for more than an hour, followed by finds. Logs say the hint and description are both wrong now. I think it's there, but it doesn't sound fun. Removing it.

#42 - GC45HAF - maybe, maybe not, but soaked if it is. Log's soaked, but logs are sprinkled with DNFs. I think it's there. Keeping it for now.

#45 - GC35G47 - disabled If the owner doesn't fix it, I trust that a CM full of people can

#47 - GC35G47 - solid finds until the last two DNF's. Need to keep an eye on this one. Yup. 52 finds and then 2 DNFs, 7 months since it's been found with no gap nearly that large before now. Yeah, it's gone. Removing.

#105 - GC46RZD - might want to keep an eye on this one. A 1/1 with 3 consecutive DNFs with only 1 other DNF in its 2+ year history. Yeah, it's gone. Removing.

#109 - GC1HKDZ - last three were DNF. Previous log after multiple DNFs said "Hard, but found it." Keeping for now.

#110 - GC5AP2W - bad coords. Noted.

#111 - GC2F7Y8 - last three DNF Looks like it got mowed. Team GlacierGlider is pretty active, so I'm keeping it for now.

#113 - GC5NW11 - disabled Keeping for now; see note above

Keep the feedback coming!

#42 - GC45HAF - maybe, maybe not, but soaked if it is. Log's soaked, but logs are sprinkled with DNFs. I think it's there. Keeping it for now. Talked with the CO today. She will be replacing the log/repairing in the next week.

#111 - GC2F7Y8 - last three DNF Looks like it got mowed. Team GlacierGlider is pretty active, so I'm keeping it for now. This cacher is active, but no longer resides in Washington State.

Could these caches please be taken off the Cache Machine. Sensitive areas.

GC33J99 Traditional Cache &84(* :3*5

GC4383B Multi-cache Snohomish Library Cache

GC2MA0Q Traditional Cache View of 2

I'll have all my other caches up and running in time for the CM.

Edited by WatchDOGSMike

Went for a drive today, took a few notes...

26 GC3FQ2Y - Entrance to parking lot is at N48 00.245 W122 11.956

27 GCVWRV - I was confused before. There is plenty of parking here.

28 GC3QGD5 - After taking a tour of the construction area, I think this should be removed from the cache machine. You can not approach from the west on E Marine View Dr. From the east, E Grand Ave does not exist. Construction may be completed in the next month, but in its current condition, this should not be included.

37 GCWMGB and 38 GC4F74 - Parking coords N47 57.696 W122 13.107

40 GC5DQH8 - Use same routing coords as from 39 GC5QZKP

35-44 It is a bad idea to turn left onto and off of 41st, E Mukilteo, and Rucker Ave without traffic lights. We can reduce these turns to just 1 by re-organizing these caches. I recommend the following order; 39 GC5QZKP, 40 GC5DQH8, 41 GC47ARY, 41.5 GC5V687, 42 GC45HAF, 43 GC47AT0, 38 GC4F74, 37 GCWMGB, 44 GC1J113, 36 GC44F90, 35 GC3FQ38

35 GC3FQ38 - With the above ordering, I recommend adding the following Entrance to parking lot N47 57.785 W122 12.715

47 GC39ZYM - Discover Pass required.

48 GC2ZJVN - Discover Pass required.

50 GC1XMKH - Discover Pass required.

51 GC20B22 - Discover Pass required.

75 GC4ZW4G - This cache can not be reached from east of 74 GC2WRF1. This cache can be reached by driving north from 78 GC2GNWQ.

79 GC56JEP - Parking coords: N47 55.311 W122 05.609 Limited Parking.

tl;dr: Lots of changes made. Thanks. Draft 2 is here.

Could these caches please be taken off the Cache Machine. Sensitive areas.

GC33J99 Traditional Cache &84(* :3*5

GC4383B Multi-cache Snohomish Library Cache

GC2MA0Q Traditional Cache View of 2

Done. Thanks for letting me know.

Notes in-line for these:

Went for a drive today, took a few notes...

26 GC3FQ2Y - Entrance to parking lot is at N48 00.245 W122 11.956

Four DNFs in a row. Probably gone. Removed from route.

27 GCVWRV - I was confused before. There is plenty of parking here.

Warning removed

28 GC3QGD5 - After taking a tour of the construction area, I think this should be removed from the cache machine. You can not approach from the west on E Marine View Dr. From the east, E Grand Ave does not exist. Construction may be completed in the next month, but in its current condition, this should not be included.

I confirmed with the city that this will still be closed on June 20. I'll take it off the route.

37 GCWMGB and 38 GC4F74 - Parking coords N47 57.696 W122 13.107

Marked for GCWMGB, but GC4F74 is off the route, because it's DNFed and sounds lame.

40 GC5DQH8 - Use same routing coords as from 39 GC5QZKP Done.

35-44 It is a bad idea to turn left onto and off of 41st, E Mukilteo, and Rucker Ave without traffic lights. We can reduce these turns to just 1 by re-organizing these caches. I recommend the following order; 39 GC5QZKP, 40 GC5DQH8, 41 GC47ARY, 41.5 GC5V687, 42 GC45HAF, 43 GC47AT0, 38 GC4F74, 37 GCWMGB, 44 GC1J113, 36 GC44F90, 35 GC3FQ38

Great suggestion. The re-routing you suggest is elegant. The middle four are too much of a hike, with the road closed to cars, so I've removed them.

35 GC3FQ38 - With the above ordering, I recommend adding the following Entrance to parking lot N47 57.785 W122 12.715

These coordinates appear to be a few blocks off. The cache appears to be on a rock wall on 39th St with plenty of on-street parking. Am I confused?

47 GC39ZYM - Discover Pass required. Off route.

48 GC2ZJVN - Discover Pass required. So noted.

50 GC1XMKH - Discover Pass required. So noted.

51 GC20B22 - Discover Pass required. So noted.

75 GC4ZW4G - This cache can not be reached from east of 74 GC2WRF1. This cache can be reached by driving north from 78 GC2GNWQ.

Fixed it. Thanks!

79 GC56JEP - Parking coords: N47 55.311 W122 05.609 Limited Parking.

Fixed. Thanks!

To make up for the several caches I've removed, I've added several parking lot caches in West Lake Stevens. (umm, yay?)

With so many changes, I'm posting a second draft early. Take a look at it here.

Are we going to have another draft before the final?

Yup. With all the changes, I was getting pretty confused with the numbering, so figured I'd re-do it so we're all on the same page. I figure one more draft around June 1, and the final June 15.

Updated bookmark to 2nd draft

Problems

#24 - GC30NTQ - six DNF's and then a NM for missing cache.

#39 - GC35G47 - Disabled

#40 - GC35G47 - Disabled pending log replacement.

#79 - GC58R7Q - solid finds then last two DNF.

#90 - GC2EYNG - Might be interesting, relocated by last finder.

#109 - GC1HKDZ - Three DNF's in a row.

#111 - GC2F7Y8 - Three DNF's in a row. This one seems to grow legs.

#113 - GC5NW11 - Disabled.

Out for another drive again today. Took a few more notes.

72 GC2KZDP - This cache can only be accessed from Avenue D

76 GC51XK8 and 77 GC1V27M should be swapped.

76 GC51XK8 is accessed from 7th Ave or from Maple Ave. No access from Pine.

83 GC47FN5 - Watch for traffic!

84 GC1TQZB and 85 GC49NC1 should be swapped

84 GC1TQZB - Accessed from 30th St. No access from HWY 9.

87 GC4CP76 - Note parking coords on cache page that are off of S Lake Stevens Rd.

87 GC4CP76 to 88 GC2RCVJ - Unable to access S Lake Stevens Rd east of HWY 9 from the west side of HWY 9. Must go north or south on HWY 9.

90 GC2EYNG - I think this one should be removed from the route. I think too many cachers will abuse the non-parking directly in front of the cache.

102 GC23NX6 - No parking at cache. Closest parking N47 59.956 W122 06.692

112 GC2GZEQ - This cache is in a sensitive area and should be added to the do not find list.

114-119 - 4th Street is a major street with lots of traffic in this area. I highly recommend that it be crossed as little as possible and only at traffic lights. (Ceder and State).

Recommended route: 118 GC5N4RT, 115 GC26J9E, 116 GC2JYBX, 117 GC39133, 119 GC3CVXX, 120 GC2TF9R, 114 GC2TF9R

122 GC3RNKB and 123 GC393BJ - This trail is closed till further notice. I talked with management and they indicated that they do not expect this trail to be open this summer.

As a true believer in squeezing the most out of geocaching trips, I think it should be worth mentioning near stop 64 (actually mere feet from the cache) is a really easy earthcache AND benchmark. I think including those to the lineup might be smart, since it would probably take little and it would add some diversity to this mostly- traditional-ridden day (although no shame in traditionals). Hopefully your criteria fits this. :)

Edited by dyelir

As a true believer in squeezing the most out of geocaching trips, I think it should be worth mentioning near stop 71 (actually mere feet from the cache) is a really easy earthcache AND benchmark. I think including those to the lineup might be smart, since it would probably take little and it would add some diversity to this mostly- traditional-ridden day (although no shame in traditionals). Hopefully your criteria fits this. :)

On the same foot, there's an easy letterbox right along pigeon creek road that was excluded that should also be a quick, traditional-esque find per the cache page.

Cache - GC2F7Y8 (Wetlands Trail 213 ) has been archived as of 5/23/2015

Cache - GC2GZEQ (Payda ) is unavailable pending archive for being placed in a sensitive growth area.

Cache - GC3RNKB (Un-Assuming Ammo Can) - Unavailable through summer due to construction

Multi - GC393BJ (Coniferous Conundrum CITO Cache) - unavailable until access restored.

Edited by EveningKiss

Cache - GC2F7Y8 (Wetlands Trail 213 ) has been archived as of 5/23/2015

Cache - GC2GZEQ (Payda ) is unavailable pending archive for being placed in a sensitive growth area.

Cache - GC3RNKB (Un-Assuming Ammo Can) - Unavailable through summer due to construction

Multi - GC393BJ (Coniferous Conundrum CITO Cache) - unavailable until access restored.

Cache - GC30NTQ (The Nissing Pirce) Many DNF's, NA and pending archived from reviewer.

In case you haven't seen it, the WSGA Puget Sound & 48 North Chapters are hosting a lunch stop: Lunch in Snohomish. Please RSVP there, too, if you're planning on having a little something.

Dyelir: Guess who forgot to load earthcaches and letterboxes into his map? This guy. I've added the two earthcaches on the west side of Blackman's Lake, but the letterbox on Pigeon Creek Road is too far to walk for a cache that might not be there.

Rambudo: Your excellent suggestions will be in the next draft. Thanks!

Evening Kiss: They're now off the route. Thanks!

JHolly: Lots more changes coming in draft 3 next Monday. I've added about 10 in downtown Snohomish, re-routed to arrive at lunch at around 1 PM at a park with two caches that weren't on the route before, and dropping most caches in the Snohomish area east of Bickford Ave and west of the Snohomish River. Sneak peek (single JPG image, don't bother doing anything with this):

eyPZh7x.jpg

I don't remember who asked me to let them know, so I'm putting it here: As previously announced, the Quincy Cache Machine is October 3, not in September, because of a conflict with a big event in Long Beach. That event is posted: Cache Dash Splash / http://cachedashsplash.com/

We will, unfortunately, be missing both Everett and Quincy. We need to be in Sisters Oregon for a scheduled event in June and the changed date for Quincy ran into a train trip we already had tickets for. Bummer! We really like caching in the Quincy Basin.

GC2JYBX has not been disabled YET BUT as of 5/24:

backtius (C/O): "I am sorry to say this hide is no longer there. Thank you to all who have found it and to all the fav pts!!! I'm talking with the adoptee to let it go or try another type of container. Thx!"

May want to take this off the rout as it probably wont be up. Not sure why he hasn't disabled since he KNOWS its gone.

GC2JYBX has not been disabled YET BUT as of 5/24:

backtius (C/O): "I am sorry to say this hide is no longer there. Thank you to all who have found it and to all the fav pts!!! I'm talking with the adoptee to let it go or try another type of container. Thx!"

May want to take this off the rout as it probably wont be up. Not sure why he hasn't disabled since he KNOWS its gone.

You can't adopt out an archived cache. Once it is archived it is gone since the CO can not get it un-archieved just to adopt it out.

Draft 3 is (finally) up! Lots of new caches have been posted or enabled in the last few weeks, and I ran into some difficulty getting to lunch on time, but I think I've got it figured out. The Puget Sound waterfront got moved to the end of the route. Sorry, downtown Snohomish, but you didn't make the cut. But EveningKiss, the Sparrowhawk letterbox managed to sneak its way in. It's looking like a heavy mix of wetland trails and former wetland parking lots on this one. I'm looking forward to it.

A few notes about draft 3

Recommend adding GC48CW9. The final is further along the route.

85 - GC26HXT - Along the Centennial Trail. Closest parking is at 82 - GC58Q74

86 - GC2420Q - Along the Centennial Trail. Closest parking is at 82 - GC58Q74

PUZZLES!

For those of you out there looking to add a little spice to your Everett Cache Machine II, might I recommend the following puzzles that will be on or near the route.

GCZ0TQ - Texts for Nothing

GC1363V - Funny Noses

GC20W8B - In the Navy

GC22VBX - Nautical Communication

GC5TAV4 - North or South?

The bookmark has been updated as has my website.

Problems

#35 - GC35G47 - Disabled for the last six weeks with a note the CO needs to check on it.

#37 - GC35G47 - Disabled, needs logbook

#41 - GC3CRT5 - Don't know. Was archived for be missing, replaced, put back in play but more DNF's than finds.

#67 - GC2WRF1 - Couple DNF's and then a NM for being AWOL.

#77 - GC1V27M - NM says homeless was camped next to cache, dumped the contents and took the container. CO posted a note they will check.

#94 - GC5FFWH - DNF's for missing, Disabled.

I just noticed that the Everett Cache Machine II shares the same date as the Marysville Strawberry Festiva! Events of the festival are happening all around downtown Marysville all day and well into the evening. More info about the festival can be found at http://maryfest.org/

107 - GC5N4RT is not going to be possible this day. Others in Marysville may be possible, but I would advise aginst it.

I stay at Mukilteo during the next two weeks.

I have planned to search the older caches in the area around Seattle and also I planned to drive to Oregon for the really old caches.

If I have time enough maybe I will participate at the ECM.

Is there a gpx file for the route?

Michael

I stay at Mukilteo during the next two weeks.

I have planned to search the older caches in the area around Seattle and also I planned to drive to Oregon for the really old caches.

If I have time enough maybe I will participate at the ECM.

Is there a gpx file for the route?

Michael

There is no gpx file available, that would be a direct violation of Groundspeak terms of use. However if you go to the event page you will see a bookmark for the event caches. Scroll to the bottom and generate a PQ from the bookmark.

The final route is up. Of note:

• Stop 36, GC35G47 Clearly it's just a cache, is disabled, but mainly because the cache is stuck. I'm leaving it on the route, hoping either the owner or a resourceful cache machiner can fix it.
  • Because of the Marysville Strawberry Festival, I've re-routed stops in that area. If that's not going to work, well, too late now. Won't be the first time I've sent the route in an impossible direction.

I also just realized, now that I've spent a few hours on-and-off assembling the final version, that I forgot to add caches that were activated in the last two weeks. These caches are along the route, but not on the map. Skip 'em or do 'em; don't matter none to me (but JHolly, could you kindly include these in your bookmark list?):

• Stop 85.1: GC5X442 Esther's Cache! by Adrenalinedan247
  • Stop 95.1: GC5WWH4 Rink Rats by JC
  • Stop 108.1: GC5XAG5 What's yellow red and blue all over? by Loveisallyouneed

See you all Saturday morning -- early early! -- and maybe at dinner the night before! Any additional changes will be announced at the Friday dinner and then here later that night.

Comments inline, explaining why I kept 'em on:

#36 - GC35G47 - Been disabled since 4/21/2015

It sounds like it's there, just stuck. We're a resourceful bunch, and I'm hoping we can fix it.

#41 - GC3CRT5 - Last Two where DNF

The last time it got two DNFs, the owner replied, "I checked on the cache today and it is right where it is supposed to be." It may be gone, but I think I'll take the chance.

#57 - GC1TQZB - Disabled, possible MIA

The last two times the owner said he'd check on the cache, he did so the very next day. Given that track record, I'd bet it's ready on Saturday.

#68 - GC33J5H - Disabled, reported full of orange soda.

That means it's still there, right?

I have no idea why that last reference is screwed up.

Your encoding looks good to me, but it's messed up. I didn't tweak it at all in my quoting, and it appears to be working. Strange.

I have looked over the route and have the following comments:

1-121 - Have fun and enjoy your time in Everett!

Be sure to take a look at the puzzles I mentioned in a previous post. Some of them are very easy and all are short detours from the caches included on the route.

WatchDOGSMike here......

*****These 2 caches will be replaced tomorrow.

GC33J5H ▼

Traditional Geocache

Snohomish Spirit Rock Cache

GC35G47 ▼

Traditional Geocache

"Clearly" it's just a cache

*****These 2 caches are DISABLED. Please do not try to find them. If your doing the Everett Cache Machine your welcome to log the

find online ONLY.

GC33J99 ▼

Traditional Geocache

&84(* :3*5

GC4383B ▼

Multi-cache

Snohomish Library Cache

*****These 2 caches have been replaced.

GC2ZJVN ▼

Traditional Geocache

50 Bullets

GC39ZYM ▼

Traditional Geocache

Paul Skansi #82

Awesome -- thanks for getting these back up and running for us!

The "&84(* :3*5" and "Snohomish Library Cache" caches are on the Do Not Hunt list, so I'd recommend people skip them.

The first two, "Snohomish Spirit Rock Cache" and "'Clearly' it's just a cache" are already on the route, so we're good to go there. I'm looking forward to these two. I'm pretty sure a Discover Pass is required to park here.

The last two, "50 Bullets" and "50 Bullets" are marked on the map with :( icons. I'll mention it at the pre-event dinner and again here tomorrow night, but they'll be stops 37.1 and 37.2.

Awesome -- thanks for getting these back up and running for us!

The "&84(* :3*5" and "Snohomish Library Cache" caches are on the Do Not Hunt list, so I'd recommend people skip them.

The first two, "Snohomish Spirit Rock Cache" and "'Clearly' it's just a cache" are already on the route, so we're good to go there. I'm looking forward to these two. I'm pretty sure a Discover Pass is required to park here.

The last two, "50 Bullets" and "50 Bullets" are marked on the map with :( icons. I'll mention it at the pre-event dinner and again here tomorrow night, but they'll be stops 37.1 and 37.2.

No Discover Pass is required.

I just noticed that the Everett Cache Machine II shares the same date as the Marysville Strawberry Festiva! Events of the festival are happening all around downtown Marysville all day and well into the evening. More info about the festival can be found at http://maryfest.org/

107 - GC5N4RT is not going to be possible this day. Others in Marysville may be possible, but I would advise aginst it.

Kiddies Parade – State Ave & 7th-5th Street, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Grand Parade – State Ave (See Festival Map), 7:45 PM - 10:00 PM

With the Parade on State Street good luck getting through Marysville after 4:00.

Others in Marysville may be possible, but I would advise aginst it.

With the Parade on State Street good luck getting through Marysville after 4:00.

Thanks to Rambudo's advice, I routed accordingly, avoiding the most crowded and blocked areas. The best plans never survive an encounter with reality, though, so it still could be a challenge -- if anyone gets that far in the route.