HTML

TheFidgits

How do I stop html appearing on my gps ?. Quite a lot of the downloaded geocaches have it, making it hard to read on the small screen of my Garmin Oregon 450. I only use the "send to my GPS" on the cache page.

If you instead load the LOC file, you get coords and a couple other things, sparse cache description. But... no hint, either!

There is 3rd-party software that can strip out parts of text. This can get tricky if you read a clean, nicely formatted cache description, and if you think it was only text and can't tell there should be an important image to view -- because the html code for IMG is stripped away.

Yeah, I'd prefer if the Cache Owner wants me to read the Wikipedia article, that he'd simply provide the link. :anicute:

If you leave it as is, you'll get pretty good at reading through all the HTML tags B). Maybe add a little constructive criticism in your Found It log, like "The HTML is nice on the page but is tough to read on my GPSr".

Edited by kunarion

[...] I only use the "send to my GPS" on the cache page.

Use Save GPX file instead. Save the file to [unit]:/Garmin/Gpx/

Hans

NB: Unfortunately Groundspeak's Send to GPS files are dubble Html decoded. The Garmin unit is aware encoding Html - but only one instance. This is a Groundspeak bug.

Edited by HHL

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't think there would be an easy answer. :(

I have just discovered though - If I click GPX file and open with EasyGPS , then send to my gps from that program , everything is fine - no HTML - nice and easy to read. :(:lol: . Shame geocaching.com Shame

OOOhhhh. Just spotted the reply from HHL. I will give that a try. Thanks

Edited by TheFidgits

[...] I only use the "send to my GPS" on the cache page.

Use Save GPX file instead. Save the file to [unit]:/Garmin/Gpx/

Hans

NB: Unfortunately Groundspeak's Send to GPS files are dubble Html decoded. The Garmin unit is aware encoding Html - but only one instance. This is a Groundspeak bug.