Longisland anyone?

DieselNut

Let's see. I think Queens is still on Long Island. I'm still looking for that bridge though when I go across the Queens/Nassau border. Anyone know where to find it? icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I did two Nassau or was that Suffolk caches last weekend with my dog Buddy. He thought it was great. SO did I. It's warmer on LI so snow melts earlier making caching easier than let's say Rockland or Westchester counties. icon_cool.gif

Alan

Long Island, the land of Bayonets4U and caches wrapped in plastic bags?

Sometimes I have some work to do in our company datacenter in Bohemia (Suffolk) and when I have a time, I hunt for caches nearby... so far I always signed a log by a backlight of my GPS in that parks closing at dusk :-)

Hi everyone!

I'm on LI's southshore, I haven't been out searchin' yet..but eager to try. Just found and dusted off an ole Magellan 2000. It was on the cuttin' edge back in '95, but reckon it be kinda dinosaur today,huh? Methinks it oughta work good enough though. Will find out, for sure, soon's I can round up the grandkids and start out, I see a coupla caches about 2 miles or so that oughta be a good start

hi all, sound beach here and i started a thread about two weeks ago looking to start a long island group or get together, so count me in if you start one and count me in again if you want me to start or help start one. would love to see us start a long island group. FDNY260

Ok. I'm going to just go for it here. One event cache coming up. I'm thinking Sept. 13th. Whatta ya think? It's a sat. Rain date Sept. 14. Connetquot River State Park. Nice and central, nice & big. I wouldn't mind Eisenhower Park, but we can't forget about the geocachers in eastern suffolk. I'll contact the park, everyone bring there own food & drinks. We'll need some people to help hide a few caches. Wow, I'm a geek. icon_biggrin.gif Whatever. I'm having fun.

Keep me posted....I'm living in Westchester but my whole family is on the Island. with the 'Rents in Huntington. brought my 3 yr old daughter "treasure hunting" for the first ime today. She loved it. As for the wifey, I'm still deciding on wether or not to take her out. hehehe.

I just missed BassoonPilot this morning, and Adimiron apparently followed right behind me. But as of yet I still haven't met any other geocachers. But would like to. icon_biggrin.gif

==========================

::::: That was ZEN, This is TAO. :::::

Heckscher has a few caches already. Plus several new ones will be added for the event. That way they'll be new to everyone that attends. Plus Heckscher is more central to all of the Island. Will post event cache this evening.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.