Ftf just saying found it!

Can you contact the cacher who "found it"? The cacher might have logged the wrong cache. Or maybe there's another container nearby, causing confusion.

This cache owner seems to be non-legitimately finding caches all over my area including some of my other caches and so far haven't replied to any emails :(

Can you contact the cacher who "found it"? The cacher might have logged the wrong cache. Or maybe there's another container nearby, causing confusion.

This cache owner seems to be non-legitimately finding caches all over my area including some of my other caches and so far haven't replied to any emails :(

I took a look at some caches, and I see someone who routinely logs "Found It!" (may be logging by phone), and this identical log style began at the end of January, when wordier logs ceased. At one time, they seem to have been signing logs, so something may have changed. It seems to be a caching team. Perhaps a junior member now holds the phone? Note that there is more than one Geocacher that you could contact in this case.

It's totally up to you. If you can't be sure a cacher was even there, and definitely if you're sure he was not, you may delete the online log. A signed log is best. They didn't sign some random page of the log book, right? I don't delete a "Found" log merely because the log isn't signed, because of, for example, "I forgot my pen" logs (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm contributing to the delinquency... :anicute:).

I'm uncertain which specific cache you mean, but on one cache today, the "Found It!" group not only didn't claim "FTF", their friend who caches with them took "the prize". So (for that cache) the real FTF is legitimate, and the Found It guy was there, 2nd to find (and has a "prize" to prove it, left by the FTF). So... they found it...

Edited by kunarion

today I got one of my creative caches published it was a d4 ant a t3.5 but within 3 hours I had a log just saying "found it!" So I checked the cache and the log was blank, what should I do? Should I delete or ignore? Thanks in advance

If there is no signature in the log book to match the online logs, then delete it.

Doesn't matter if it is a "ftf" or not, if the log book is not signed, then you are entitled to delete the online log.

I would recommend taking a photo of the physical log to keep a record of the signatures.

Also, make sure that you check ALL pages/sides of the log. Some folks might sign the log in a non-expected place.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

3.10. Log Deletion

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=204

B.