Caching dog needs new home...We're sad!!

Tomebug

My favorite hiking and caching companion, Mason the Dalmation, needs a new home. We found out a few days ago that we have to move, and will be in an apartment for a while, so we can't take her with us. She is 7 years old and was a runt, so she is only about 45 lbs. which is a bit small for a female.

She does not have a Dalmation personality. She is not hyper, deaf or unpredictable. She is fully house broken and doesn't jump on people or furniture. She is great with our two kids and we will miss her. We've had her since she was a puppy and she has been my hiking and caching companion for years. She's very smart and sweet, she loves to cuddle and to play. I've taken her on about 75 cache hunts and she seems to have finally started to understand what we're looking for, she's sniffed out 3 of them for me. I guess she's not too bright, lol.

Actually, she's very smart. We live in Eastern Pennsylvania, and I can deliver her to you if you're within a few hours drive. As a bonus, I drive a yellow Jeep so you could claim my Jeep as a find for Yellow Jeep Fever. What more could you ask for?? Here are a couple of pictures:

728121_200.jpg

579595_200.jpg

It breaks our hearts to see her go, but we'll feel better knowing she'll be in a good home. If any of you can help me, or know someone who can, either post it here or send me an email.

Tomebug, I'm not sure what your situation is but it may be possible to get her into PAWS in their foster program. Someone would take care of her until you have yourself situated.

Good luck! She looks like a cool dog! (And you are to be commended for putting an orange vest on her.)

Ode to a Pigeon: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You Lookin' at Me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?! (b. katt, 7/14/03)