New Message Center .... oh no!

Rhodo Dendron

Please send me messages by e-mail and let me reply by e-mail!

I don't want to visit a website when I'm in outdoor mode.

I totally agree to this. I get a stupid notification mail with the link to the message center instead of getting the mail directly.

Regardless of indoor- or outdoor-mode - i want the original email and want to reply with my email program and not a notification mail to visit a website.

Tho

Please send me messages by e-mail and let me reply by e-mail!

I don't want to visit a website when I'm in outdoor mode.

I hate the message center in indoor mode.

At least they should change the order of the e-mail link and the send message link in the profile.

I also think that it was an unfortunate decision to use the same term for the sending a message via the old system (that sent an e-mail) as now for the new

system. I received some messages in the new system from cachers who have always contacted me by e-mail before.

It's very annoying to use the new message center.

Cezanne

I hate the message center in indoor mode.

At least they should change the order of the e-mail link and the send message link in the profile.

I also think that it was an unfortunate decision to use the same term for the sending a message via the old system (that sent an e-mail) as now for the new

system.

I agree, Contact via e-mail should come first, message center can be tucked away somewhere else and not where it will be chosen in error most of the time. (but I understand why they placed it like that :ph34r: ).

I sure hope there is a way to disable message centre if it becomes a feature. I don't want to use it and I want to make sure people trying to message me know that I'm not going to respond to their message if they use that feature.

I sure hope there is a way to disable message centre if it becomes a feature. I don't want to use it and I want to make sure people trying to message me know that I'm not going to respond to their message if they use that feature.

It's already a feature and it becomes more and more annoying. Now they added also a new link to the message center directly from each cache page.

Before they changed the links on the profile and made the message link the first link.

Within the last 2 days I received 4 messages via the message center - 3 of them by cachers who always have sent mails before and one by a cacher in reply to a question sent by me via e-mail.

It is annoying and I'm close to not reply at all. The way Groundspeak handles this makes me furious.

Cezanne

It's already a feature and it becomes more and more annoying. Now they added also a new link to the message center directly from each cache page.

Before they changed the links on the profile and made the message link the first link.

Within the last 2 days I received 4 messages via the message center - 3 of them by cachers who always have sent mails before and one by a cacher in reply to a question sent by me via e-mail.

It is annoying and I'm close to not reply at all. The way Groundspeak handles this makes me furious.

Cezanne

YES!

It's absolute annoying! I do completely agree!

Any chnace to turn it of?

cheers DerRodauner

You realize that doesn't hurt Groundspeak, it only hurts people who are trying to get in touch with you by ignoring them, hoping that they'll try another method.

I know, it sucks.

You realize that doesn't hurt Groundspeak, it only hurts people who are trying to get in touch with you by ignoring them, hoping that they'll try another method.

I know, it sucks.

I've put

Please do not contact me via the new Message Center. Chances are very high I will not see your message. Use the "old" "send e-mail", Thanks

on my profile. I hope this helps in case someone doesn't get a reply and goes checking my profile to see the last time I was online.