new reviwer

This might be a more productive thread if you explain why you want your cache reviewed by another reviewer.

I doubt it.

One Reviewer has already responded.

I doubt that the non-Reviewer crowd who have no idea what's going on, and would only hear from one side, would be of much help.

Communicating with the Reviewer already involved would be the best way to go about things.

If one insists, then one can go to Groundspeak Appeals.

B.

I doubt that the non-Reviewer crowd who have no idea what's going on, and would only hear from one side, would be of much help.

I've seen many situations involving cachers, reviewers, mods, landowners, city officials, etc. get mediated quite well in the forums. Don't underestimate the "non-reviewer crowd," as you call us.

And occasionally the mediation is not successful, but, hey, people tried!

Productive? I'm not so sure. Interesting? More than likely. My first thought was, you should be careful what you ask for.

One could switch from the eastern PA reviewer to the western PA reviewer.

Stories are legendary, however. Geocachers are known to move out of western PA just to get a new reviewer. They use cover stories like "the job market is better in the southeast" and "I wanted to be closer to my mother in law."

I've seen many situations involving cachers, reviewers, mods, landowners, city officials, etc. get mediated quite well in the forums. Don't underestimate the "non-reviewer crowd," as you call us.

Sorry, but those of us who are not Reviewers have no idea what has transpired until now. What are the "issues"? What has the Reviewer said?

It's not appropriate to post emails in the forum, so how would we know what has really gone on?

We've seen plenty of threads get locked because the "discussion" spirals into angst and complaints about Reviewers.

There are avenues available. There's no purpose to involving forum members who have no idea what is going on, has gone on, etc.

B.

Sorry, but those of us who are not Reviewers have no idea what has transpired until now. What are the "issues"? What has the Reviewer said?

It's not appropriate to post emails in the forum, so how would we know what has really gone on?

We've seen plenty of threads get locked because the "discussion" spirals into angst and complaints about Reviewers.

There are avenues available. There's no purpose to involving forum members who have no idea what is going on, has gone on, etc.

B.

Um, he can't *tell* us what went on??

Understood that not every storyteller is objective, but i've seen the intelligent, knowledgeable, savvy "non-reviewer crowd" (yeah, that's not my favorite terminology) repeatedly ferret out the truth in these matters.

But all the angst that's already been voiced has probably scared off the original poster and therefore the community misses an opportunity to look at the reviewing process and have a good discussion, and possibly have something helpful to say to the cacher. "Talk to the reviewer and appeal if necessary" is accurate but deficient. We perhaps could have pointed out ways that the cacher could handle things better. And there's at least a 50% chance that this is not a "reviewer problem," but maybe a technical issue or even a diplomacy/communications issue where we suggest *what* to say when he contacts the reviewer.

Did I notice something what others have not?

It seems a bit sad to see how this thread has degraded as it has, wanting to know just "what the story is".

Unless I read it wrong, the crux issue has already been pointed out, early on. Perhaps (more likely, probably) the OP did notice it also... therefore not continuing the discussion here in the forums, but rather taking it on to appeals.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

It seems a bit sad to see how this thread has degraded as it has, wanting to know just "what the story is".

Unless I read it wrong, the crux issue has already been pointed out, early on. Perhaps (more likely, probably) the OP did notice it also... therefore not continuing the discussion here in the forums, but rather taking it on to appeals.

Yup, I noticed it, too. B)

But some people prefer forum drama. And any opportunity to diss other forum members.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Someone taking advice given and not complaining, asking for another option? Oh, my. I feel light headed.... :laughing:

Oh, and if it continues, ibtl.

Productive? I'm not so sure. Interesting? More than likely. My first thought was, you should be careful what you ask for.

Stories are legendary, however. Geocachers are known to move out of western PA just to get a new reviewer. They use cover stories like "the job market is better in the southeast" and "I wanted to be closer to my mother in law."

If "voting with their feet" is known to the hierarchy wouldn't that be an indication that it needs to be looked into. There is always a tendency to side with fellow members of any organization but it seems that in this case that seems to have been put aside.

My area we have 3.5 reviewers. You never know who you will get. Depending on area, time of day. All of ours will be happy to help cachers and have their own opinions. And one of them was one of them who responded here. :D :D :D :D :D

edit to clarify

Edited by jellis

If "voting with their feet" is known to the hierarchy wouldn't that be an indication that it needs to be looked into. There is always a tendency to side with fellow members of any organization but it seems that in this case that seems to have been put aside.

My post was made in jest. The serious version: the reviewers bordering OReviewer's territory do their very best to follow a consistent set of standards. OReviewer has many years of experience (he's published many more caches than I have!) and is well-regarded both in his local community and in the reviewer community.