How can I get a 3rd party to resolve a conflict with a reviewer?

Submitted a cache for review (our 45 with no problems) that I placed on town owned property. Reviewer got right back to me and stated that I needed to seek permission. I told the reviewer that it was on Public Land and that I should not need permission. Since it is a working farm owned by the town I went to the gentleman that runs the farm. He gave me a glowing "go to it" after I explained what geocaching was so I figured we're all set (even thought I didn't feel this was necessary). One has been published by another reviewer. My 2nd cache is being blocked and not published by this other reviewer. I can't extract where or what this person wants. They just don't answer any of my requests.

My question is: How can I get geocaching.com or someone else to mediate this blockage? Is there some recourse that I might have for someone that won't reply even though I have done what was asked? Where do I go from here? Is it time to find another hobby?

bobandpatty

Edited by bobandpatty

1) How long have you waited for a response? Reviewers are volunteers and have a right to take time off from reviewing.

2) Have you repeated your request for info, assuming that your prior email got lost somewhere?

3) Is it possible that the town has a new policy that requires you to get permission from some town department (Parks & Rec, Memorial Farm Oversight Committee, etc.)?

There is an appeals process, but you should patiently try to work the issue out with the reviewer first.

Austin

Edited by AustinMN

Proof that you have permission seems to be the issue. Why not simply get a written statement from the farmer giving permission to "go to it" and post a copy in your cache submission page. Or read the Guidelines until you see the bit about what to do in a situation like this. (hint: search: appeals)