Now that the search results are so limited, is there a FF Plugin to make the results readable yet?

Zop

Does anyone know if there is some sort of FireFox/Chrome Greasemonkey script or plug in which will allow us to view the search results in a more logical list manner?

In its current form, the search results page will only display 5 results without scrolling because of the massive banner and additional waste of space etc...

In the past, with the more efficient results page, we could easily see twice the number of results and not have to look at so much wasted space.

Thanks in advance for any links!

Z..

Have you tried this one?

http://www.geocachingadmin.com/

Regards

Thanks for the link. I have tried it in the past but it doesn't search by zip code and it's a third party site. The results page IS pretty much what I'm looking for though. Using this link, the results do show 12 results with a very easy to read listing without the really ugly new icons (tiles?) and the results are identical to what one will see (ATM) when selecting the link to view other caches from a cache page. Again though, it's still limited in that you can't just type in a zip code and get a list of results like you can on geocaching.com

What I'm looking for is a way to view the search results on geocaching.com in an easier to read format. Something as simple as removing the banner and the excess white space and reducing the size of the icons. The banner alone now takes up more than 25% of the screen. Add the header bar, and toolbar and you leave only 50% of the screen for search results.

Now, what I have to do is either use GSAK for all my seaarches (which probably adds a bit of a load to the API server) or look up a cache in a zip code area, open it and then scroll all the way down to the link to view other caches (of thie type etc...) in order to get a reasonable display of the results.

If you want to go back to the old search, just click on the right hand side of the new search page, there is a link to the old search page, right where the trees are.

Maybe this will help you.

I must be blind. I see nothing to click on.

Nor any trees.

If you want to go back to the old search, just click on the right hand side of the new search page, there is a link to the old search page, right where the trees are.

Nor any trees.

EDIT: Aha!! talk about burried!

I have always just entered my criteria in the Search for Geocaches field on the main page, never click on the "Play" option on the tool bar and drill into the advanced search tool.

Ok, so I'm there, how do we make it stick to our profile?

Nor any trees.

EDIT: Aha!! talk about burried!

I have always just entered my criteria in the Search for Nearby Geocaches field on the main page, never click on the "Play" option on the tool bar and drill into the advanced search tool.

Ok, so I'm there, how do we make it stick to our profile?

This does help a lot but still as I mention above, in the past, I sould simply enter the search criteria in the "Search for Nearby Geocaches" field on the main geocaching.com page. Simple and quick. But now, the results page is so poorly designed that it's really not usable.

Now, what used to take one click, now takes four. - I still think that a Grease Monkey script should be able to fix this. If only I had the time to learn to code it.

Thanks again for your civil reply. It's appreciated.