Back to my original question

acachebox

I had asked how to separate how TBs that I hold to be placed in caches from my own TBs and collectable coins I own appear on my home page.

That question was answered but presented another question. When All TBs were listed in my inventory I could note the TB on my car as a visit to a cache I had just found. My TBs no longer are listed with that option. How can I accrue mileage on the TBs mounted on my cars as I cache?

When in your Collection, the ONLY logs that can be added is "Discovery" or "Note", by anyone including the TO.

When in your Inventory, ANY log can be added.

If you want to log "Visits", it must be in your Inventory.

Your points are correct. My Original question was why do the 2 different types of TB have to be listed together in Inventory.

The software has addressed a vast number of issues and generally handled them impressively. Why can't the TBs be separated and present on the profile page to facilitate a more effective management. Even if a simple notation were noted by collectibles it would make it much easier to distinguish them apart while in the field.

I currently have 3 TB mounted on vehicles and like to log them for mileage while caching.

Edited by acachebox

I see your point... at least I think I do.

You would like separation in the LISTS between those items in Inventory and those items in Collection.

As it stands, they are all bunched together in a single list, without any notation of which resides in what category on your Profile page.

In that, you do have a valid point -- a good point.

However, it seems to me -- could be wrong -- that you desire the same distinction "in the field". In reality this isn't necessary, as your device, be it a dedicated unit or a phone app, only accesses those items in Inventory... not items in your Collection, assuming that you use a truly "paperless" device while in the field.

It is this statement that seemingly raises confusion because "in the field", your Collection list is not accessible, only your Inventory list:

Even if a simple notation were noted by collectibles it would make it much easier to distinguish them apart while in the field.

Perhaps you may be confusing "Collectible" and "Collection".

The option to "Make this Trackable collectible" ALLOWS you move a trackable to your Collection. Nothing else.

Without selecting that option, it cannot be moved to your Collection. [You can deselect that option after moving to your Collection, but it does not change the fact that it is yet in your Collection and remains there]

There are now 5 Tbs in "Trackable Items(Yours)that are my TBs on my cars and or collectable coins. They had been in "My Inventory" on my profile page and I could note them a having "visited" a cache. Now that they have been separated I can not select "Visited".

It would be great if both appeared on My Profile page but with some form of separation so as to be more easily managed from that page.

Edited by acachebox

You have an option of how those trackables are displayed in you inventory. There is a dropdown box on the top right and bottom right of the list. If you select to sort by owner all of your trackable items should be grouped together. I don't know if that would help you or not.

You have an option of how those trackables are displayed in you inventory. There is a dropdown box on the top right and bottom right of the list. If you select to sort by owner all of your trackable items should be grouped together. I don't know if that would help you or not.

Here is the list and i do not see any drop down box in the area of the list.

Your Inventory

Soaring Eagle Geocoin Soaring Eagle Geocoin

THE GLOW CLOUD THE GLOW CLOUD

Viola Viola

Maybe I'm getting there a different way or the wrong place all together. I'm on a laptop. When I go to my profile, not the public one that everyone can see, and I can click on my "trackables inventory" or "trackables collection". There is a grey bar/line that labels the columns (Trackable name, owner, last log ect..), the drop down box is right above that on the right and at the bottom of the list on the right. I could very well be confused about what list you are looking at.

Edited by Coldnosed

Maybe I'm getting there a different way or the wrong place all together. I'm on a laptop. When I go to my profile, not the public one that everyone can see, and I can click on my "trackables inventory" or "trackables collection". There is a grey bar/line that labels the columns (Trackable name, owner, last log ect..), the drop down box is right above that on the right and at the bottom of the list on the right. I could very well be confused about what list you are looking at.

When I open the Geo web page on my computer or my I Phone and click on my user name it takes me to this page

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

On that page is the listed inventory I noted above. It is from that page that I manage my activities while in the field. It would have bee nice to have the 2 different types of TB separated on that page so I could see what was available for placement and what was available to note as having visited a cache.

Now that my vehicle mounted TBs are on another page, just to accomplish separation, they are not available to record a visitation.