Help

happylexi2

Please help me as my trackable has been logged by a newbie cacher (called TheHardys87) and I'm sure they meant to log a retrieve but they put discovered, secondly they took a photo showing the tracking code! And I don't know how to delete photos or logs:(

Please reply ASAP thank you I'm so worried for my new trackable ! ?

Hi there! First off, welcome to geocaching and welcome to the world of trackables! I took a look at the webpage for your trackable and it looks like you must have gotten the photo deleted (or at least I don't see a photo attached to their log).

I agree that they must have meant to retrieve it but clicked the wrong log type. You're welcome to send them an e-mail - if it were me, I'd make it a really welcoming e-mail and mention that they picked the wrong log type but it's no big deal, etc. - what you don't want to do is make someone mad who's holding your trackable.

I hope your trackable travels far and wide! I've had some disappear with the first person who picked it up (very frustrating), and I've had others travel to foreign countries I'll never see (which is very cool). :)

Please help me as my trackable has been logged by a newbie cacher (called TheHardys87) and I'm sure they meant to log a retrieve but they put discovered, secondly they took a photo showing the tracking code! And I don't know how to delete photos or logs:(

Please reply ASAP thank you I'm so worried for my new trackable ! ?

If the log/photo is on the TB page, of a TB that you own, you can delete the log/photo. (Groundspeak made changes so only the photo can be deleted, rather than the log and photo, if only the photo was a 'spoiler')

If the log/photo is on a cache page, it may be worth contacting the cache owner and asking if they would delete for you.

Otherwise, as Groundspeak allow 'Non-validated emails, you could contact Groundspeak http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request with Request Details 05 Trackables.

They can delete logs/photos.

May be worth a Note log on the TB page... The cacher might read it, before they place the TB in another cache.

You can go to your trackables detail page and go to the logs and theres a trash can icon next to each log, ive used it before, just make sure your logged in,,, and after you delete it, write the cacher and explain why and how to log properly next time

I dunno if deleting the log itself would necessarily be the best thing to do...

You can however, delete the offending photo. As stated above, go to the log, click Visit Log.

That will take you to the log and the photo(s). Select the offending photo and click on that red trashcan.

Please help me as my trackable has been logged by a newbie cachet and 1 I'm sure they meant to log a retrieve but they put discovered, secondly they took a photo showing the tracking code! And I don't know how to delete photos or logs:(

Contact the cache owner where the log with the photo is, he can delete or edit the photo.