Darrington Wa Power Trails

W7WT

Today is my 90th birthday. Our goal in geocaching is to get 10,000 finds before we will be unable to geocache. Right now we only need around 40 more caches. In october of 2012 we cached to bc #6 on the Scratte River NF26 as far as we could drive. We are unable to do much hiking. Can anyone confirm that the road is now open to drive to the rest of the caches.

I have a bookmark ready to do the power trail by Johnny Cache 79 on the Sauk Prairie Road out of Darrington. We enjoyed the power trail in 2012 and thought we might go for "The end" cache by JC for our 10,000 find. We gave our Land Cruiser to our son in Alaska and will be driving a Honda CRV. Would appreciate any info about doing either cache trails. This year we did power caches in Walla Walla and in the desert west of Mountain Home. Good caches in both area. Thanks Dick and Arlene Bremerton

Edited by W7WT

Hi Dick,

Although I can't answer your questions about the road conditions, I do want to wish you a very, very happy birthday and an early congratulations on your upcoming 10,000th cache find!!!

You are one of the first folks I met when I started caching in 2003, and you have found several of my caches. I fondly remember your cache that I found at Hurricane Ridge years ago. Your accomplishments as a geocacher are remarkable, and prove that age is just a number! You are one of my heroes!

Laurie Freeman

Half-Canadian and Scooter the Wonder Dog

Hi Dick,

Although I can't answer your questions about the road conditions, I do want to wish you a very, very happy birthday and an early congratulations on your upcoming 10,000th cache find!!!

You are one of the first folks I met when I started caching in 2003, and you have found several of my caches. I fondly remember your cache that I found at Hurricane Ridge years ago. Your accomplishments as a geocacher are remarkable, and prove that age is just a number! You are one of my heroes!

Laurie Freeman

Half-Canadian and Scooter the Wonder Dog

Thank you Laurie, I was thinking about you just the other day about KRAPE PARK in Freeport that spelled backwards is

KRAPEPARK. Also when i ran across a picture of me at Mingo and you getting stuck in Missouri I have enjoyed your caches over the years. Take care. Dick, W7WT

Happy birthday!

The road on the north side of the river is now open and has shifted in some places. The geocache placements have not shifted with the road, and you many need to hike those portions. (if you want those caches)

The roads on the south side of the river, where JC's and my caches are, are a little rougher. A CRV should be good enough on those roads.

Happy birthday!

The road on the north side of the river is now open and has shifted in some places. The geocache placements have not shifted with the road, and you many need to hike those portions. (if you want those caches)

The roads on the south side of the river, where JC's and my caches are, are a little rougher. A CRV should be good enough on those roads.

Thanks you have answered my questions. Not sure when we will be going. Dick, w7wt

Happy Birthday, Dick! You are an inspiration to many cachers, including me. Loved your Hurricane Ridge virtual back in the day. Good luck and congratulations in advance on reaching 10,000! B)

Thank you, we just do what we can do. Dick & Arlene

JC is holding a CITO and an event on May 2nd in Darrington. I am sure he would enjoy your presence.

Thank you. We both have a hearing problem and avoid groups of people as all we hear is a loud roar. I am adding the rest of the North caches to my Darrington Bookmark and will do it after we do the South trails and get the goal of 10,000. Our daughter lives in Bothell and wants to be with us when we get the 10,000 so we will be going after it on a weekend sometime. We will either stay in Arlington or in Darrington for a couple of nights when we do the rest of the North roads. We will probably bypass the ones that are not near the road. I understand the motel in Darrington has changed hands. The lady that use to have it fixed us a nice bkfst when we stayed there before. Dick & Arlene Edited by W7WT

JC is holding a CITO and an event on May 2nd in Darrington. I am sure he would enjoy your presence.

Thank you. We both have a hearing problem and avoid groups of people as all we hear is a loud roar. I am adding the rest of the North caches to my Darrington Bookmark and will do it after we do the South trails and get the goal of 10,000. Our daughter lives in Bothell and wants to be with us when we get the 10,000 so we will be going after it on a weekend sometime. We will either stay in Arlington or in Darrington for a couple of nights when we do the rest of the North roads. We will probably bypass the ones that are not near the road. I understand the motel in Darrington has changed hands. The lady that use to have it fixed us a nice bkfst when we stayed there before. Dick & Arlene

Well, we cached yesterday on the south side of the river and then this morning we picked up a few in Darrington and

on the way home. We have 9995 finds. Looking for a 10,000 cache to go after. Would like to go after the oldest cache in Kitsap County which is Green Mountain Cache. I have climbed it several time before geocaching and use to fly fish Gold Creek Beaver Ponds which are between Gold and Green Mountains. I can no longer fly fish (lost 3 tendions in right arm) and could no longer make the two mile trip as the knees don't work so well. Been thinking of Headquarters Cache but they seem to be during the week and our daughter would like to be along but doubts if she can get off of work in sales for Weyerhaeuser

We are not much for Urban Caches and have done most of Goblin Dust's Great caches. Not looking for a big event. just a nice cache that would b worthly of a big milestone. Any suggestions. Thanks Dick & Arlene

Edited by W7WT

Thank you. We both have a hearing problem and avoid groups of people as all we hear is a loud roar. I am adding the rest of the North caches to my Darrington Bookmark and will do it after we do the South trails and get the goal of 10,000. Our daughter lives in Bothell and wants to be with us when we get the 10,000 so we will be going after it on a weekend sometime. We will either stay in Arlington or in Darrington for a couple of nights when we do the rest of the North roads. We will probably bypass the ones that are not near the road. I understand the motel in Darrington has changed hands. The lady that use to have it fixed us a nice bkfst when we stayed there before. Dick & Arlene

Well, we cached yesterday on the south side of the river and then this morning we picked up a few in Darrington and

on the way home. We have 9995 finds. Looking for a 10,000 cache to go after. Would like to go after the oldest cache in Kitsap County which is Green Mountain Cache. I have climbed it several time before geocaching and use to fly fish Gold Creek Beaver Ponds which are between Gold and Green Mountains. I can no longer fly fish (lost 3 tendions in right arm) and could no longer make the two mile trip as the knees don't work so well. Been thinking of Headquarters Cache but they seem to be during the week and our daughter would like to be along but doubts if she can get off of work in sales for Weyerhaeuser

We are not much for Urban Caches and have done most of Goblin Dust's Great caches. Not looking for a big event. just a nice cache that would b worthly of a big milestone. Any suggestions. Thanks Dick & Arlene

The Totally Tubular caches by Dayspring seem to garner lots of favorites.

The Headquarters Geo Tour series, and it does include a Goblindust cache, HQGT: Ode to the Golgafrinchan Phone Workers

I have not personally done these caches, but they certainly have a ton of favorite points.

All are oiver in Seattle.

Edited by jholly

The Headquarters Geo Tour series, and it does include a Goblindust cache, HQGT: Ode to the Golgafrinchan Phone Workers

I have not personally done these caches, but they certainly have a ton of favorite points.

Dayspring's caches are FANTASTIC!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC12WGA_tubulaire-extraordinaire

That one is my favorite, although I don't have a "find" on it yet. We miscalculated the final and it was dark by then, so we didn't finish. I've been planning a return trip with some other people because this one is just too good not to share. It's by far the most amazing multi I've ever seen or could imagine. We did every stage except finding the final. It was so much fun I don't care that I didn't find the final. Now I get to show the cache to someone else.

And besides that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Could you have guessed?

Dayspring's caches are FANTASTIC!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC12WGA_tubulaire-extraordinaire

That one is my favorite, although I don't have a "find" on it yet. We miscalculated the final and it was dark by then, so we didn't finish. I've been planning a return trip with some other people because this one is just too good not to share. It's by far the most amazing multi I've ever seen or could imagine. We did every stage except finding the final. It was so much fun I don't care that I didn't find the final. Now I get to show the cache to someone else.

And besides that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Could you have guessed?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think we will go after Goblindust Darth Vador in Silverdale. Solves a lot of problems and is rated very high and fun. Our daughter will not have to take off a day of work, We won't have to go to Seattle. She can help us find the cache. With our hearing problems we have difficulty understanding the process to go thru and unlock the cache. Glad we haven't looked for it before. Dick, W7WT