Charging screen on 64st, does it change when charged?

I am attempting to charge a NiMh pack in the 64st. This pack is not a Garmin one, but ti is NiMh and it does have the little plastic clips that hold the cells together and activate the switch inside the battery compartment.

I looked in the owner's manual and could not find anything about how to tell when the battery is fully charged. Right now it is just a big cell with a lightning bolt and 4 green blocks that scroll from left to right. It has been doing this for a few hours now.

How long does it take to fully charge, and how does it indicate a full charge?

Thanks!

I am attempting to charge a NiMh pack in the 64st. This pack is not a Garmin one, but ti is NiMh and it does have the little plastic clips that hold the cells together and activate the switch inside the battery compartment.

I looked in the owner's manual and could not find anything about how to tell when the battery is fully charged. Right now it is just a big cell with a lightning bolt and 4 green blocks that scroll from left to right. It has been doing this for a few hours now.

How long does it take to fully charge, and how does it indicate a full charge?

Thanks!

I use the Garmin batteries.

It takes about 6 hours to fully charge and the rippling battery icon will go solid

It matters not what power of charger you use,beit 1amp or 3amp, the time is the same

I have found that after 2-3 hours there is a good solid charge there. Good to know if one had forgotten to give it a full charge

Mike

I use the Garmin batteries.

It takes about 6 hours to fully charge and the rippling battery icon will go solid

It matters not what power of charger you use,beit 1amp or 3amp, the time is the same

I have found that after 2-3 hours there is a good solid charge there. Good to know if one had forgotten to give it a full charge

Mike

Thanks! That's just what I wanted to know.

I wonder why they didn't put it in the manual? The manual that came with my 60csx was like a small book. This one was more of a pamphlet, and it was the full manual, not the quick start guide.

I think you have the quick start manual.

The full manual can be found here, they are usually download only

https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/searchManuals.faces

This will take you to the Garmin manual search page. Just select from the combo box choices , there are 4 -,5 screens to go through

The manual has 18 packed pages

If that link does not work go directly to it then google

Garmin 64s manual

I think you have the quick start manual.

The full manual can be found here, they are usually download only

https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/searchManuals.faces

This will take you to the Garmin manual search page. Just select from the combo box choices , there are 4 -,5 screens to go through

The manual has 18 packed pages

If that link does not work go directly to it then google

Garmin 64s manual

That is the manual I was referring to. Not the one that comes in the box, but the full manual you download from Garmin. I didn't see anything in it about how to tell when the battery pack is charged. Just that you should fully charge it before using it.

It is fully charged when the four ' blobs ' stop rippling that is all shown at once.

FWIW. I find the Garmin charge meter is not accurate and have told them so.

After less than one hour the full charge indicator drops from full to half full.

Garmin have ignored me but the unit will still run on for at least 10 hours