Thank You - Category Officers

BruceS

I want to thank all the category officers in the groups I lead or am a part of for your great support of categories over the last year when I was not able to. As many of you know I was diagnosed with rectal cancer one year ago today and the disease, treatments and side effects often prevented me from looking after the categories as well as I would like to but you all came through and I am extremely thankful to you all. As of yesterday when I had my last test of many, I am in a state of "no cancer detected".

As some of you have noted my Waymarking activity has increased which has come about as my strength has increased. Along with my increase in Waymarking I have also been out riding my bicycle (actually its a trike) between 30 and 50 miles each day as weather permits and throw in a few rides of 60-100 miles for a challenge.

Thanks again!!!

Bruce -

This is excellent news! My wife is just finishing up her first year of NED.

SOAP BOX TIME:

For those of you who are unaware:

Colon cancer is preventable, treatable, and beatable. It can be prevented by finding and removing polyps before they become cancerous. It is also highly treatable if found in its early stages. Begin screening at age 50, and before age 50 if there is a strong family history of risk factors.

SOURCE

FYI: My wife was 48 when she was diagnosed with Stage IIIC Colon Cancer. Don't wait until you are 50.

Edited by jhuoni

Let me also add my congratulations as well. I really consider you and Silverquill my mentors in this strange and wonderful little hobby of Waymarking as you both really pushed me to "sell" my waymarks when I write them up... I've never forgotten this advice and I try to embrace this philosophy on each of my waymarks I write up = even if it is one of the commercial ones. Keep up the healing, and keep posting those great waymarks!

That's GREAT NEWS, Bruce. We're delighted to hear it!

Welcome back to the fray and Thank You for all you do for the Waymarking community.

This is going to make you harder to catch, though ;) You've given us one more incentive to keep going down the road.

Keith

Most wonderful about your recovery. I figured you were doing better since I am seeing more of your tremendous Waymarks come thru for review.

Colon Cancer -

My uncle died from complications of colon cancer because his pride would not allow him to have a colonoscopy. (He was also a jerk, but that is a whole other story!) Please, a colon cancer screening can now be done in the privacy of your own home and you just mail a small sample to the lab. My 81 year-old father just sent his test in. Took him less than 5 minutes to provide the sample. If you have not done this simple screening (and repeat every 10 years or sooner, depending on family history), get this taken care of.

Take care, Outspoken1