Travel Bugs displaied in my inventory.

acachebox

I had asked this question before but never got any discussion going on what i see as a problem.

Has any thought ever been given to separating the way TB show up in one's inventory on their home page? I would like to see my retained TBs, ie those on my cars and my milestone coins, listed separately from the TB I have retrieved from a cache and intend to move on. This would be less confusing when looking for what I have to place in a cache.

Right now they are combined into one list and listed in alphabetical order. I find it quite confusing even with a relativity short list. How do those with dozens of milestone and collectible coins keep them separated from the TBs they intend to place in caches?

That has generally been the intent of the "Collection" list, although items in that list are not made available for depositing/dipping into caches.

Yes I am sure the information appears in different locations and may in fact be segregated as I describe. However it appears on the Home page as a combined total of TBs. That is the list most likely to be used when looking fro what I might want to place and having my items also listed there is distinctive.

This is the page I consider my home page

http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

This is the information I am referring to that is found on my home page

Your Inventory

1,000 finds Royal Flush 1,000 finds Royal Flush

R Shack R Shack

Soaring Eagle Geocoin Soaring Eagle Geocoin

TDI TDI

Travler Puzzle Bug Travler Puzzle Bug

Viola Viola [/b

Four of them are my personnel items, Soaring Eagles and Viola are TBs that will be placed in caches in time.

Why are they displayed together?

Edited by acachebox

Ah. That's not the home page, that's the private profile page, also known as the "my" page.

Anything that is in your inventory is displayed there, regardless of whether or not you own it. If you don't want your personal items to show in your inventory, then make them collectible and move them to your collection.

I'm not sure why you are seeing duplication of the trackable name on that page, as I only see a single name for each item there. What you are describing is seen on some other pages where the trackable type is displayed after the trackable's name. In your case, you have not given any of your trackables custom names, so that tale the name of the trackable type.

Ah. That's not the home page, that's the private profile page, also known as the "my" page.

Anything that is in your inventory is displayed there, regardless of whether or not you own it. If you don't want your personal items to show in your inventory, then make them collectible and move them to your collection.

I'm not sure why you are seeing duplication of the trackable name on that page, as I only see a single name for each item there. What you are describing is seen on some other pages where the trackable type is displayed after the trackable's name. In your case, you have not given any of your trackables custom names, so that tale the name of the trackable type.

OK any help on making mine Collectables? To get them off that page.

Edited by acachebox

First, edit any of the trackables you want to make collectible and toggle the "Is Collectible" radio button to "Yes". Then visit

Can you make this a bit clearer as I can't follow any of it. Where do i edit a TB?

Visit the trackable page for one that you want to edit. Then, click "Edit this Trackable" in the upper right corner of the page. This will take you to the edit form, where you will see all of the information you entered such as the trackable name, its mission, etc. Near the top of the page is a pair of radio buttons under the heading of "Is Collectible". You want to select the "Yes" radio button, then click the "Submit Changes" button at the bottom of the page.

First, edit any of the trackables you want to make collectible and toggle the "Is Collectible" radio button to "Yes". Then visit

Can you make this a bit clearer as I can't follow any of it. Where do i edit a TB?

Visit the trackable page for one that you want to edit. Then, click "Edit this Trackable" in the upper right corner of the page. This will take you to the edit form, where you will see all of the information you entered such as the trackable name, its mission, etc. Near the top of the page is a pair of radio buttons under the heading of "Is Collectible". You want to select the "Yes" radio button, then click the "Submit Changes" button at the bottom of the page.

We are getting closer. This is the only think on the page that relates to collectable.

Make this Trackable collectible

is that what you are referring to. There are not 2 of anything on the page.

We are getting closer. This is the only think on the page that relates to collectable.

Yes, that will appear if you have already specified that the item is or is not collectible.

Yes, that will appear if you have already specified that the item is or is not collectible.

Why would "Make this Trackable Collectible" appear as the only option if I had already made the TB collectible?

If you can explain a way to separate my TBs from those I have to move on it would be greatly appreciated.

Why would "Make this Trackable Collectible" appear as the only option if I had already made the TB collectible?

The pair of radio buttons is only available if the owner of a trackable has not chosen whether or not the trackable should be collectible. Once a decision is made, it can't revert to a null choice, so the control switches to a checkbox. Either way, it should be fairly straight-forward to see what the setting is for a given trackable and make the change.

If you can explain a way to separate my TBs from those I have to move on it would be greatly appreciated.

As I have already said, you simply need to move the trackables you want to hold onto into your collection. The only ones that show in your inventory will then be the ones you want to drop or dip.

The pair of radio buttons is only available if the owner of a trackable has not chosen whether or not the trackable should be collectible. Once a decision is made, it can't revert to a null choice, so the control switches to a checkbox. Either way, it should be fairly straight-forward to see what the setting is for a given trackable and make the change.

As I have already said, you simply need to move the trackables you want to hold onto into your collection. The only ones that show in your inventory will then be the ones you want to drop or dip.

I may have to find someone that can tell me where My Collectibles are first.

Please don't reply as generalities and vague references are not working.