Translate

geordiell

Hi guys just a little help needed. I doubt it's possible but is there a way I can get German caches translated into English? Basically I'm English (don't read our write German) and I'm here over in Germany for a while where there's is hundreds of not thousands of caches but the translating is "killing" me.

So basically a translate button or switch or something?!!

Cheers

geordiell

I've got a translate app on my phone and only have my kindle fire and phone with me here so no laptop or "computer" to speak of?! Just wondering if there was a way on this site that auto translates, pity cos I've done a few traditional here but there's loads of multi and puzzles! Guess I'll have to do whAt my girlfriend says and learn German.... Cheers guys and girls

geordiell

Or let your girlfriend learn german and take her with you.

Alternative: take a german girlfriend with you. :D

My girlfriend is German and goes with me but that's not the point is it really? She shouldn't have to do all the puzzle and reading and mapping work so I just go find the caches!!! It's a fair game

Alternative: take a german girlfriend with you. :D

My girlfriend is German and goes with me but that's not the point is it really? She shouldn't have to do all the puzzle and reading and mapping work so I just go find the caches!!! It's a fair game

Then marry her. No need for fair games any more. :D

Warning: results may be others than you think. Most probably you will have to learn german then anyway. So you could start right now. Viel Spass!

Just joking I do plan to marry her but maybe I should purpose first?! Possibly hide an engagement ring in a cache but knowing my luck someone would get it before here and leave a used bus ticket as swag lol
I've heard of a couple approaches to the "engagement ring in a cache" thing. One is for you to get to the cache first, slip the ring inside, and then hand the cache to her. Another is to place a cache with the ring, but not list it on geocaching.com until after the proposal; getting the coordinates of the unlisted cache into her device is left as an exercise for the reader.
Just joking I do plan to marry her but maybe I should purpose first?! Possibly hide an engagement ring in a cache but knowing my luck someone would get it before here and leave a used bus ticket as swag lol
I've heard of a couple approaches to the "engagement ring in a cache" thing. One is for you to get to the cache first, slip the ring inside, and then hand the cache to her. Another is to place a cache with the ring, but not list it on geocaching.com until after the proposal; getting the coordinates of the unlisted cache into her device is left as an exercise for the reader.

That's what I was thinking of doing basically hiding a "cache" in the middle of a loop of caches we often like to do with our dogs and as she's looking at her GPS mine might point "the other way" and hopefully at fake VS she finds it!!! Now to how she didn't read these forums lol