Central PA Geocachers

retphoto

...but good luck getting us all in one place at one time!

You should have enough lead time to get a picnic together: we won't have any decent weather for at least 5 months! icon_rolleyes.gif

X is for X, and X marks the spot, On the rug in the parlor, The sand in the lot, Where once you were standing, And now you are not.

Well since people seem receptive to the idea, how about everyone email me, with your location, and how far you would be willing to drive.

I'll gather the data, and see where the best place would be to hold an event.

Then we can se if we want to make it a special event, such as a "travel bug exchange".

I would like to hear from ANY GEOCACHERs who are NORTH of I-80(south of NY), be sure to make your voices heard as there are very few of you...

Thanks

Robert

There is nothing like a Packrat who is a geocacher.

Here in Northeast PA we are already working on a Picinic for the weekend of May 10th. It will be at Ricketts Glen State Park and many are planning a weekend campout.

All are welcome and we have had inquires as far away as Lancaster and Western Pa. Just planning on having a good time and all are welcome. Here is a link to the thread and it will get you to the link to the campground map too.

Northeast PA Geocaching Picnic

I'll be watching you plans too as I am in Williamsport every other weekend and have done some of the Caches especially North of Billtown. I just may drop in.

MtnDave

I know there are a few of us in the Blair County area, in which I know there have been a few new additions that are planning to start this spring. I'm not sure on how far anyone is willing to drive, but I would be willing to show up at a picnic when it warms up...Too many kids for us to do it sooner. Although, we will be at the Lake Raystown Resort campground during the Memorial Day weekend if anyone would be interested in having one there...Ziggy Stardust

I've been gathering a few names....and what can I say....Half a dozen are willing to meet in State College region.(most of the responders) and a few in the Wilkes barre Scanton region(gathered from posting in forums)

it looks like it's just too spread out to have ONE central group...

Maybe if we borrow and idea from the college system...to have branches Central Pa Geocachers@ State College, CPG@WB/S, CPG@Harrisburg.

Also on the other hand people have a lot on their minds....with the threat of war, rising gas prices and a slow economy...I'm not sure if this is the right time to try and form a group.

Robert

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

There is also another picnic in the works ... and we'd love for more folks to join us:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=57397

icon_cool.gif

the more the merrier!

(We picked the date and reserved the pavilion before I read this thread. It is in no way an attempt to upstage anyone. My apologies.)

-----

You must be present to win.

No one's going to be upstaged...I will see if I can do this right....

April 26th Poe Valley clean-up and Picnic

May 10th Red Rock and Rolls Picnic(Ricketts Glen)

June 8th South Central Pa Cachers Oicnic(Bue March Rec Area, Reading)

3 picnics staged nicely apart that everyone can arrange to make it to at least ONE, and possibly all three!!!!

As MissJen told me last year "Hide it and they will come." Your best bet here, 'Packrat is to just start planning a picnic. As more people respond, you can just add more potatoes to the potato salad!

X is for X, and X marks the spot, On the rug in the parlor, The sand in the lot, Where once you were standing, And now you are not.