________________, so I moved it.

Rather than continuing to hijack a different thread (with a really good question about coordinate formats), how about adding in this thread your guesses as to why cachers often do not put Geocaches back where they had found them.

Transcribed from the other topic:

"I liked my idea of where to place the Geocache better than yours, so I moved it."

What excuses have you made, uh, encountered.

Rather than continuing to hijack a different thread (with a really good question about coordinate formats), how about adding in this thread your guesses as to why cachers often do not put Geocaches back where they had found them.

"I liked my idea of where to place the Geocache better than yours, so I moved it."

I didn't move it, I put it back where the CO obviously wanted it.

Found the cache 50m away from the GZ, sitting out in the open grass underneath a bird feeder, so I moved it.

(We know the CO and his caches quite well, so we were pretty confident that he wouldn't put a cache underneath a bird feeder in the middle of a busy park, nor would he have wildly bad coordinates.)

I didn't move it, I put it back where the CO obviously wanted it.

Nah! That's only about 15% of cachers. Now on with the guesses at to why the other 85% can't be bothered to put it back where it was.

Found cache in the middle of the path, so I moved it.
BTDTGTTS

One of those times, it turned out that I had found it (and rehidden it) so far away from its original location that the CO still couldn't find it after I told him where I had rehidden it. We had a few more conversations after that and he did eventually find it.

All good answers, but we're not getting into the spirit of this thing yet.

"I changed brands of toothpaste just before finding your cache, so I moved it."

"I wanted to be sure that the next searcher could not find it, so I moved it."

"Your cache did not help me to save the whales, so I moved it."

You know, really good things like that!

Well, in the thread that triggered this one, I posted these:

My mother-in-law was with me and she insisted it was wrong, so I moved it.

I was caching with TooMuchWiskey, so I moved it.

I didn't see where my caching partner found it, but it was my turn to put it back so I moved it.

I didn't like walking just off the trail, so I moved it.

I like pine trees better than spruce trees, so I moved it.

I'm late filing my taxes, so I moved it.

After running back to my car to get a working pen, I forgot which limb the cache was on, so I probably moved it.

I could see the cache from where I parked my car (100 ft away), so I moved it. Also, bright orange may not be the best idea for a cache on a tree.

The whole fam-damily is out caching for the day:

EllyMae (mom) finds cache and takes it to the family;

Samuel (dad) signs log while kids are looking through the stash;

BillyJoe is told to take the cache back (to where mom found it), but he promptly hands it off to Willie who is busy with a butterfly;

Willy shoves it to cousin Nate -- or was it Nat(?) -- but he doesn't want it;

So he tosses it to Uncle Dirk. He doesn't know what to do at all, so he gives it to 3-yr old Barbie;

Barbie is just thrilled to have the cache. She goes around the curve in the trail, returning 20 seconds later, sans cache;

Meanwhile... the remainder of the whole fam-damily is already half-way back to their cachemobile.

Now for the rest of the story....

Wile E. Coyote, watching the goings on, is interested. Seeing Barbie putting something in the middle of the trail.... Well, you know the rest of it, by now.

:lol:

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Poison Oak, so I moved it.

Fell out of the tree, so I'm not sure where it was.

If someone is going to move a cache for any reason then PLEASE take coords and a picture so the CO (or the next finder if it is a traditional) can find it.

Edited by jellis

"Your cache moved me, so I moved it."

"Nobody would believe that fake bird was real if it always sat on the same branch, so I moved it."

"The voices told me to, so I moved it."

"The cows told me to, so I moooooved it."

Had to really laugh out loud at that last one. (Not the fake lol that folks overuse, but the real thing.)

Now you're getting in the mooooood.

"I got to GZ, which was a small patch of trees behind a store completely buried in garbage. The cache was laying on the ground, open with the contents strewn all over, about 60' from where my GPSr showed it should be. I cleaned it up, and as GZ was a pile of garbage, I left the cache in the bole of a tree near where I found it so that the CO could find it easily and put it back where it should be."

Only I was more polite about it.