Assignation Stations

Tim M CPA

Ok - I even did a quick google search on 'assignation station' but came up empty. So I figured I'd ask - what is it?

Ignorance is bliss - and I'm obviously a very happy guy! icon_wink.gif

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'

Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

assignation (noun)

1. A secret rendezvous (especially between lovers)

2. The act of distributing by allotting or apportioning

I assume Tim means the first definition, as has been reported in some of the logs. I didn't see any such thing on my visit though. (No one does that at 6am in the morning!)

Thanks Floopy - I actually thought to check a dictionary, then read the logs on the Hackensack Sanctuary Cache. Interesting....guess I'll click 'ignore cache' on WATCHER ('Honest officer, I'm only hear to try and find some tupperware in the weeds...'!).

I actually thought it was some sort of religious reference at first - how's that for a hoot! icon_eek.gif

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'

Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

I've not run into an assignation while caching, but while laying low to let some geomuggles go by, they stopped and the female squatted and "did her duty" while the two males whooped and hollared and beat their chests like gorillas.

I didn't have a video camerea, so I just pet their dog that found me, before they all moved on, totally unaware that I was there....

icon_biggrin.gif

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

This has come up before. There are a few cruising areas that contain caches. The ones I know about are

The overlooks on the Palisades

The loop parking lot on route 6

The Hackensack caches that Tim mentioned.

The police know about these areas and do what little they can to try and stop it. A phone technician I know was even warned about the overlook by the police when he checked in to do a job. This happened more than 10 years ago.

There is a website that lists all the gay cruising areas. All of the places I mentioned are listed there.

What surprised me was the cruising in the route 6 loop yesterday (Saturday) in the middle of the afternoon on a nice day. The area was filled with families and small groups of hikers. During the weekdays I try and avoid these areas unless I’m with a group (men and women) but I thought the weekends would be cruise free. I think a few phone calls to the police explaining what happened would go a long way in helping to alleviate the weekend cruising.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

To add to Harrald's list, the Ramble in Central Park is also notorious. All the more reason to tip one's hat to the recent nighttime caching expedition of Dboggny, Mopar and mtn man to CP. Then again, they showed some foresight in bringing a policeman with them when caching in CP after dark.

(with apologies to the Glimmer Twins) icon_smile.gif

I've been walking Central Park

Caching after dark

People think I'm crazy

I've been stumbling on my feet

Shuffling through the street

People ask me, "What's the matter with you boy?" icon_wink.gif

(Miss You)