Tree avenues

I found one yesterday, it was a very beautiful Tree Avenue length 300mtr from the main road to a Church.

I Prefer if something is standing at the end of the Avenue :)

It's in my back up of the hard disk maybe ready for posting later.

Find two officers and then you can make a front page that shows how it will look.

Grtz John.

There's an open enrollment so I hope the potential officers will simply join.

I think tree alleys are worth Waymarking because they're so nice place to walk through. In my humble opinion, they're much more worth Waymarking than, for example, Starbucks or McDonalds.

Thanks!

Would point out:

...but in the United Kingdom this sense is less strong and the name is used more randomly, mostly for suburban streets developed in the 20th century, though Western Avenue, London is a main traffic artery out of the city, if not very straight.

As per the Wiki page. :)

Could be an interesting group/waymark category. :D

Category link

I just took a look, and it's pretty good, but I have a few suggestions:

1. At least one example photo would help a lot. You can describe what you want in countless words, but it will never be as clear as if you just show people what you want. Even better would be two photos: one of a road, and one of a path, since both are eligible.
  2. You alternate between "avenue" and "alley". I would pick one and stick with it.
  3. Most Waymarkers aren't professional arborists or botanists, so they'll likely have a hard time determining the latin name for the trees. I recommend just asking for the common name.
  4. I'm confused by the "Length measurement method" and "Tree number determination method" variables. Wouldn't the latter simply be "counting"? :laughing: Is it really necessary to have such detail surrounding the gathering of data, rather than just accepting the data?

Otherwise, it's well-worded and does a good job of describing what's desired for the category. If you make the changes above, I'd consider voting for it. I know of at least two fairly-historic tree avenues in my area that I could add to this category.

I've re-edited the category description. I have no idea how to add some pictures to the description - I simply see no such option...

You must use HTML but there is no option to upload pictures so you have to upload the pictures that you want to use to other location.