Statistics Wrong

The statistics are totally wrong and all messed up. I found a waymark yesterday and because I logged it today it has filled in the calendar space for today - this happens all the time it fills in logged date rather than visited date. Also I started to backlog waymarks that I visited in the passed and again it uses logged date rather than visited date. The stats are next to useless as they are. I have also noticed that it gets the total number of visits wrong as well.

The statistics are totally wrong and all messed up. I found a waymark yesterday and because I logged it today it has filled in the calendar space for today - this happens all the time it fills in logged date rather than visited date. Also I started to backlog waymarks that I visited in the passed and again it uses logged date rather than visited date. The stats are next to useless as they are. I have also noticed that it gets the total number of visits wrong as well.

Yes, I believe the calendar has been wacky for a long time. It wouldn't be very hard to fix (the code just needs to look at a different data field in the database: "date visited" rather than "date created"), but development on the Waymarking site is on hold indefinitely.

As for the totals, I'm not seeing a problem. The totals in my stats match those in the little stat-bar, which I happen to know are correct. Which totals don't match for you, and how different are they?

The visit stats have always been that way on the site. They reflect the date you entered the visit and not the date entered for the visit. I don't expect that to change any time soon. The visit count should be correct, it will only count one visit per waymark. There may be a delay between when you log and when the count gets updated but should reflect correct number in the end.

The stats for submitting waymarks reflect the date when the waymark is first saved.

The visit stats have always been that way on the site. They reflect the date you entered the visit and not the date entered for the visit. I don't expect that to change any time soon. The visit count should be correct, it will only count one visit per waymark. There may be a delay between when you log and when the count gets updated but should reflect correct number in the end.

The stats for submitting waymarks reflect the date when the waymark is first saved.

What is the point of the site reflecting when you logged a visit?? I don't care about that at all I do care about when I visited as this is far more important. The geocaching website bases finds on the date you found the cache why is Waymarking different?

You may as well ditch the stats altogether as they are totally meaningless. The chronological finds on GC.com shows where you were when you look back (this is one of my gripes about challenges and Lab caches - they were/are not in the main log thread).

I think that I might as well give up on Waymarking. The stats made it interesting without those it just isn't worth wasting time, fuel and effort on.

If all you are interested in is stats especially visit date stats then Waymarking may not be for you. However there are other stats such as filling the category grid, state and country maps etc that are not time/date sensitive.

I can't tell you why the visit date is setup the way it is, somewhere along the way the programmers coded it that way and it has remained.

Where else are you looking?

The statistics page. For example, here's your visit stats page. The dates used for any of the date-related stats is the date that you submitted the visit log, not the date that you selected in the log.

And why does it matter?

It doesn't really. It would be nice if the stats used logical data, but the fact that they don't shouldn't stop anyone from contributing.

I had to make a correction to today's cache logs. I made a correction to a log on May 7 and then when I entered today's logs of May 11, it used the May 7 date. I went back and corrected each entry. My statistics for today still show 0 instead of 4. Thanks for your help. GanderGoose

I had to make a correction to today's cache logs. I made a correction to a log on May 7 and then when I entered today's logs of May 11, it used the May 7 date. I went back and corrected each entry. My statistics for today still show 0 instead of 4. Thanks for your help. GanderGoose

You might want to enter this up under the Website section under Bugs and Feature Discussion rather than here under Waymarking as your problem appears to be geocache count and not waymark count.

You might want to enter this up under the Website section under Bugs and Feature Discussion rather than here under Waymarking as your problem appears to be geocache count and not waymark count.