Category Search

It's not only happing sometimes in category search but in all of them.

- waymark search

- category search

- group search

- scavenger hunt search

Google is my friend :rolleyes: and I put always Waymarking also in the searchline.

Especially when I'm on my way for WM.

Then it's the fastest way to search for something on the Waymarking site.

I have noticed it as well. I have resorted to displaying the whole category list and using the find function of the browser to get the desired category.

Yes, this is happening to me too. I can't even find longstanding categories.

For me, the bug used to only affect the newest approved categories. Now I can't even find First of its Kind or Nonspecific Veterans Memorials.

Very sad to see this -- will it be fixed, or just ignored until the site loses all functionality?

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

Here is the reply I received :mad:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Waymarking. In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com in the past couple of years, it has been necessary to shift previously dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support. Please try posting your question in the Waymarking forums. These forums are monitored and can usually provide you with the best support.

Sorry that we can't be of more help at this time.

Best Regards,

Jon ("Moun10Bike")

Geocaching HQ

System Analyst

Unfortunately, I could have told you that; but I hoped anyway.

This is why I dropped my premium membership. I don't do enough Geo-soggy-paper-caching to warrant a PM. And the attitude about fixing Waymarking has not changed. So...

Now, if I ever did see some positive direction in the Waymarking website, I'd renew my PM immediately. But I've already paid 60 bucks for 2 years of misery. ;) So they got to take the first step from now on.

I'm from Missouri...