Posting Groundspeak pictures in the forums

Recently, it seems that Groundspeak has changed the way it stores photos from cache logs. It used to be that you could insert /large/ into the jpg and make the picture small enough to post in the forums, but now you can't. The picture is so large it takes up the whole post.

The last few pictures that I've posted here in the forums I've done by putting into photobucket and then resizing. If I have to keep doing that, I won't be posting many pictures here in the forums any longer. And that makes me sad.

Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a way to post smaller Groundspeak images here in the forums quickly and easily? :unsure:

The old file URLs will still work - they will be redirected to the new Cloudfront URL. The challenge there is that you have to copy the link from your gallery to get that old URL rather than copying the URL directly from the address bar in your browser.

If you want to keep everything simple and want to use the new Cloudfront URL, just tack "_l" onto the URL right before the .jpg extension. For example, here is a full sized image vs. the resized "large" one:

c3e110be-671a-4b6c-9ffd-a3ff92143d16.jpg

c3e110be-671a-4b6c-9ffd-a3ff92143d16_l.jpg