Minor bug with Favorite points

sTeamTraen

I just wrote a "Found It" log, and realised that I meant to give the cache an FP. So I edited the log, checked the FP box, and resubmitted. When I went to the cache page, it didn't have a record of this FP - I had to add it manually.

So the bug is either that the FP checkbox doesn't work when editing a log, or at least that the FP checkbox should not be available for checking.

Actually, I just looked and it seems that of the two ways that you can edit a log, one removes the FP checkbox and the other doesn't. That is, if I click the icon of a pencil on the page that appears immediately I've written the log, I get the checkbox (which doesn't work, per the above). If I go to the cache page and find my log, then select "View / Edit Log / Images" and then click the pencil, I don't have access to the FP checkbox.

I just wrote a "Found It" log, and realized that I meant to give the cache an FP. So I edited the log, checked the FP box, and resubmitted. When I went to the cache page, it didn't have a record of this FP

- I had to add it manually.

Not sure what you mean by add it manually.

Do you know that from the cache page you can click on the Favorites count bar drop-down menu and then click the "Add to your favorites" link?

I am also having an issue with my favorite points. I go to the cache page, I click on the down arrow next to the number of favorite votes, I click on the "add to your favorites", it spins, it makes the count go up by one but sure enough if I reload the page or go back to my profile, I still have the same amount of points and the cache goes back down by one.

Very odd, I have always done favorite points this way with no issue. I am using IE version 11 and I was trying to give a fav to "Raiders of the Lost Cache" (http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2HN2H_raiders-of-the-lost-cache?guid=9567451e-a1b8-42aa-9fba-90ac20e5b96f)

Also... I was able to add a favorite point, with no issues, on the same PC with the same browser on 4/4/2015 using the same method as stated above.

Edited by MersonMonkeys

It appears that you cannot add a favorite point after the fact. It says it adds it, but when you refresh the page, it is gone. I had to delete my log and add it again, assigning the FP as part of the log. Not such a minor bug!

I just tested this on a cache I forgot to fave and it worked as it normally has for me. Refreshing the page shows the added count and when I click on it again the options I get is "remove from your favorites".

This could be a momentary glitch. See what happens if you try it now.