Iphone 6 & Windows phone

Hi i know im new to geocaching and only have 5 finds but i was wondering i recently upgraded to the iphone 6 from nokia windows phone and was wondering why the same caches on the windows phone are shown as advanced on the iphone and greyed out and would have to pay £7.99 to view them the ones i have already done show up ok just was wondering about the difference.

thanks in advance.

I use an IPhone and my friend use a windows phone and I must say that the experience on the windows phone seems far superior. The refresh rate, the info pulled through, the user interface itself seems much more friendly.

I know that there will be some design differences between platforms abut seriously I am thinking I might need to buy a windows phone just for mobile caching.

Can anyone explain why the iPhone app just doesn't seem as good? I live in the the UK by the way.

thanks

Paul

Hi i know im new to geocaching and only have 5 finds but i was wondering i recently upgraded to the iphone 6 from nokia windows phone and was wondering why the same caches on the windows phone are shown as advanced on the iphone and greyed out and would have to pay £7.99 to view them the ones i have already done show up ok just was wondering about the difference.

thanks in advance.

As a basic member, when you had the Windows phone, it allowed you to see unlimited "light" cache info, and three with "full" info per day.

With the Geocaching Intro iPhone app, those caches you used to see are called "advanced".

You'd now either have to cough up the ten bucks for the Geocaching (paid) app, or become a premium member to view them.

I believe on a new member standpoint, the Windows app gave a better idea on what's available, but didn't really tease you into becoming a PM right away (which is what you'd need to get the full features unlocked on Windows).

- Where the Geocaching Intro does it immediately with caches you simply can't see - and gotta have! :)