Geocaching.com ignoring finds in France!

Hi,

I have recently got a difference of 4 caches between GSAK and GC.com.

I pulled a "My Finds" PQ and after uploading my 1938 cache finds into GSAK, ordered my GSAK 1942 finds by "Last GPX" to separate the 4 caches that GC.com was not counting.

This sort put the 4 GSAK GC.com missing "Finds" at the top of the list. All 4 are caches in France in 2013.

On checking the individual cache pages, my find logs are still correctly recorded on each cache page - but the GC.com website does not list/count them either in "Myfind" PQ or in my day-to-day running total count.

I was planning to add another find entry to the caches to see if that would redress the mis-count, but before trying that, wondered if anyone else out there has experienced this before and got a better way to fix this. So....

Anyone experienced this before?

Anyone got a fix?

Cheers...

Edited by Sue and Bernie

Daft question...

You are using the special "My Finds" PQ by clicking Add To Queue, and not just an ordinary PQ set to get your Found caches?

The special!

I was quite chuffed at working out a way to quickly and easily identify the 4 caches that GC.com was not counting.... all found on the same day in 2013 while on holiday in Midi-Pyrenees.

Edited by Sue and Bernie

Daft question...

You are using the special "My Finds" PQ by clicking Add To Queue, and not just an ordinary PQ set to get your Found caches?

The special!

I was quite chuffed at working out a way to quickly and easily identify the 4 caches that GC.com was not counting.... all found on the same day in 2013 while on holiday in Midi-Pyrenees.

I had two thoughts:

1. Are you still recorded as finder of the 4 French caches? If so there will be a smiley face when you view the cache pages. If none of the 4 cache pages have a smiley face, there's your answer :( .

2. Is there something in GSAK that filters out finds that are well outside the limits of your 'standard' PQs, and is that option enabled? My own «My Finds» query definitely has the 7 caches I found in the Baltic states. I can well believe that if you generate a file for your GPSr that contains points which are hundreds of km from your location, it would not help the performance of the device, and perhaps GSAK caters for that.

Another thing, is the number of finds shown in the top right of the geocaching.com pages, under your username, correct according to your calculations?

(The above questions are probably dafter than the ones asked so far :) )

and1969,

Yep! Still shown as "Found" and smiley face on the 4 individual pages.

Like me, you first think it is something in clever old GSAK that is excluding the 4 in the count - but it's not! It the other way round, it is GC.com that is not registering them, only finding 1938 finds that it pushed out in the all-seeing "My Finds" PQ. GSAK shows 1942 finds.

On importing the "My Finds" PQ, the 4 French finds were the only GSAK entries that were not updated by that GPX import. GSAK has faithfully recorded the 4 finds, GC.com has "forgotten" them.

I'm going to add a duplicate log to one of the French finds to see if that provides a sticking plaster solution...

Right!

I posted a duplicate log (with a brief explanation of why I was doing it) on the 4 subject caches using the same date of finding so that the two logs are adjacent.

It worked fine - now my GSAK and GC.com counts are aligned. My OCD is momentarily satisfied....

Any answers would still be appreciated.