Adopted a coin, but can't "grab"?

New Market Mallers

I recently purchased/adopted a coin from someone here in the forums. They completed the adoption form and the coin shows me as the owner. I received the coin in the mail the other day and I want to "grab it", but that is not an option on the trackable page. I only see "Write Note" and "Discovered It" as options. Am I missing something here? Thanks for any help!

Posting the ref number (TBXXXXX) would help immensely.

Is it marked as "Collectible"?

Being only able to Write Note, Discover and Move to Inventory are general indicators that is the case....

-or-

Does it already show in your possession? If so, you cannot "Grab" something you already have!

Edit to add: the latter seems most likely.... as I cannot "Grab" my tattoo, only Write Note or Discover.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Since it shows you are the owner. You can change it's status from collectible to non-collectible. Just go in & edit the info on the coin. You will then be able to grab it

That worked! It now shows in my inventory. Thanks for the info!

I just had the same problem. It was marked non collectable on the adoption, I could not grab. I changed it to collectable, I could not grab, then I changed it back to non collectable again and that worked. I was able to grab it. I did refresh the page between each attempt. I never had to do that before! The geocoin server is painfully slow today <_<

Edited by JoenSue

Since it shows you are the owner. You can change it's status from collectible to non-collectible. Just go in & edit the info on the coin. You will then be able to grab it

That worked! It now shows in my inventory. Thanks for the info!

I just had the same problem. It was marked non collectable on the adoption, I could not grab. I changed it to collectable, I could not grab, then I changed it back to non collectable again and that worked. I was able to grab it. I did refresh the page between each attempt. I never had to do that before! The geocoin server is painfully slow today <_<

The whole GS network is painfully slow today !!

I'm having a similar problem, Just adopted a coin and its only letting me "Mark Item as Missing", "Recalculated Distance" or "Lock",

I went into "Edit this Trackable" and have tried both [checked] and [unchecked] "MAKE THIS TRACKABLE COLLECTIBLE", with no luck.

I also made sure the Geocoin wasn't in the other persons Inventory and not Collection. 

Edited by igator210
6 hours ago, igator210 said:

I'm having a similar problem, Just adopted a coin and its only letting me "Mark Item as Missing", "Recalculated Distance" or "Lock",

I went into "Edit this Trackable" and have tried both [checked] and [unchecked] "MAKE THIS TRACKABLE COLLECTIBLE", with no luck.

I also made sure the Geocoin wasn't in the other persons Inventory and not Collection. 

"Make This Trackable Collectible" does nothing except enable the next step, moving a coin to The Collection.  It doesn't change a coin's status, so if it affects any other action than "Move To Collection", that's a bug.  The selection itself doesn't even move a coin out of The Collection.    It's a hugely popular misconception, but "Make This Trackable Collectible" does nothing until you complete the process of adding it to a Collection.  Which is also something that most people never need to bother with, and it creates problems if blindly click-click-clicked, when the function doesn't immediately seem to do anything.

My coins that behave how you described are shown as "In the hands of the owner" on the TB page.  They are in my Inventory, so I don't have "Grab" as an option.  I'm not searching all 50,000 of your coins to see what the issue may be with one of them.  Contact the Help Center, they can adjust the database.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, igator210 said:

The way you grab a coin is with a log entry.  "Grab" is a type of Trackable log.

alog-1.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1