How could i make a signature item?

lifehacksss

I've been caching for a while now & from time to time I've seen items in caches that represent a cacher. I started this thread to maybe see some example signature items, where i can go to make them, or even homemade ones. So to be sure to drop a photo below if you have one! :lol:

I've been caching for a while now & from time to time I've seen items in caches that represent a cacher. I started this thread to maybe see some example signature items, where i can go to make them, or even homemade ones. So to be sure to drop a photo below if you have one! :lol:

You might want to check out these existing threads:

What is your signature item?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=320051

Gallery of Hand Made Geocoins, Sig coins and tokens (20 pages of posts)

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=195885

B.

I actually have the same question. Looking at these links made me wonder if you can't ORDER signature items from anyplace online. I'm not sure I could make them myself. The photos of all the signature items look beautiful. But how were they made, and where can I get one made like them? Are there "Do's and Dont's" of making signature items?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just can't seem to find these answers on my own...

I actually have the same question. Looking at these links made me wonder if you can't ORDER signature items from anyplace online. I'm not sure I could make them myself. The photos of all the signature items look beautiful. But how were they made, and where can I get one made like them? Are there "Do's and Dont's" of making signature items?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just can't seem to find these answers on my own...

Marble magnets are easy to make. You can get all of your supplies at the dollar store. Here's my tutorial.

glassmarblesfrontview.jpg

Edited by L0ne.R

In post #2 above, you can click on any of those photos to enlarge it... you will also have the opportunity there, to be linked to that website.

Some of those sig items are ordered from manufacturers.

Try it, choosing some of the more professional looking ones....

Looking at these links made me wonder if you can't ORDER signature items from anyplace online.
I know people who have been using 1-inch medallions that they order from trophy shops. They run about $1 each, if I recall correctly. There are also items like pathtags that are similar, and that are marketed specifically to geocachers as signature items.

I know people who have been using 1-inch buttons (the round pins, not the kind you use to button your shirt). I know people who buy wooden discs and a custom self-inking stamp, and then make their own wooden nickles. I know people who buy beads that relate to their geocaching handle, then stick them in a small ziplock bag. I know people who print round stickers and then apply them to poker chips. I know people who create a digital image, have it printed on photo paper, and then slice the photo paper into several small signature items. These are all less expensive than the medallions, and don't require any particular skill.

I'm not sure I could make them myself.
Don't sell yourself short. There's probably something you could create that would interest sig item collectors.

There are a number of sig items in my collection that I couldn't make myself. But I don't worry about that. I just make the sig items that I can make.