"re"cline

hbennett4

Ok I've searched the forums and I don't think theres a topic for it. Anyways, a local cache has "re" in the hint of "re"cline and according to logs thats a geocache term and we can't find it. I was wondering if I could get an explanation of it. I would appreciate it.

Ok I've searched the forums and I don't think theres a topic for it. Anyways, a local cache has "re" in the hint of "re"cline and according to logs thats a geocache term and we can't find it. I was wondering if I could get an explanation of it. I would appreciate it.

Just a guess, but perhaps, "re"cline is the position you need to be in to be able to see the cache. Is there a bench nearby? The odd use of quote characters does't make sense though. Do the initials R.E. mean anything in the context of the cache?

It could be as NYPaddleCacher says and is the position you need to be in - similar to a mechanic sliding under a vehicle. The clue for a cache we did a few years back was to do what the penitent do - prostrate oneself. Sure enough, in that position I could feel the cache!

One of the best hints I've seen was simple "think laterally". The cache location was in area where the many possible places where it could have been hidden (and there was a significant vertical component) but the description contained a couple of statements, which if used with a "thinking laterally" approach, would narrow down the search area to one specific spot.